Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Real estate map question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/real-estate-map-question-48318/)

justanormalgirl 02-01-2012 08:33 PM

Real estate map question

I've been looking at real estate listings on TV website and I have a question. Sometimes the back of a lot has a green line behind the property or around the whole neighborhood. What does that line mean? Is it private property on the other side...a horse or cow farm...a different 'village'? I've found a couple homes I like but I need to know what's on 'the other side of the fence' so to speak...

SALYBOW 02-01-2012 10:55 PM

Hmmmm

I think it is "A green Line." :a040:

KEVIN & JOSIE 02-02-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SALYBOW (Post 447975)
I think it is "A green Line." :a040:

:agree::agree::agree:

janmcn 02-02-2012 08:39 AM

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Obviously the above posters have no idea either.

memason 02-02-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justanormalgirl (Post 447942)
I've been looking at real estate listings on TV website and I have a question. Sometimes the back of a lot has a green line behind the property or around the whole neighborhood. What does that line mean? Is it private property on the other side...a horse or cow farm...a different 'village'? I've found a couple homes I like but I need to know what's on 'the other side of the fence' so to speak...

Can you provide an address or a link to the map? Maybe then we can tell you what is in that location...

Bettiboop 02-02-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 448032)
I've been wondering the same thing myself. Obviously the above posters have no idea either.

I've noticed the green line too when looking at maps on The Villages site. I thought maybe it was the perimeter of that particular village. Sometimes I go to different maps at other sites to see what the surrounding area looks like. Often it appears to be another village, sometimes private property (horse farm etc), or sometimes other village property like rec center, etc.

villages07 02-02-2012 11:04 AM

Here's my best guess, based on looking at resale listings in my area:

The brighter, thicker green line is the multimodal trails.

The thinner, darker green lines are the borders for a neighborhood (i.e. where Sabal Chase ends and Largo begins).

You can also switch to the aerial view option and that gives you a more realistic view of the property.

justanormalgirl 02-02-2012 11:21 AM

Thank you everyone...yes, even the 'green line' ladies :p ;)

I'll change to the arial map view the next time I search listings and see what that shows.