Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Solar shades (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/solar-shades-48373/)

CTgolfer 02-03-2012 08:18 AM

Solar shades

We have a fully enclosed lanai with slider windows. We would like to put solar shades on the sides of the lanai where summer sun will give us the most heat. I contacted 48 Hour Blinds (because they are a sponsor), but after 3 attempts with no return phone call, I guess they are not interested. Has anyone used Blinds 4 Less?

lightworker888 02-03-2012 08:54 AM

We initially contacted Blinds4Less for blinds for our enclosed lanai. The gal was really helpful and the options were good. However we were on a very tight timeline as we were going back north and we couldn't give her enough time to get them installed, so we contacted 48 hour blinds as that is all the time we had and Rick was able to supply us and install them within our schedule. I would check out Blinds4Less, as the selections may be wider and I don't know if Rick deals in Solar blinds. I don't know if Blinds4Less has them either, but it is worth calling to see. I found her very good and except for the time issue, I would have bought from her.

LW888

tommy steam 02-03-2012 09:07 AM

wonder why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTgolfer (Post 448390)
We have a fully enclosed lanai with slider windows. We would like to put solar shades on the sides of the lanai where summer sun will give us the most heat. I contacted 48 Hour Blinds (because they are a sponsor), but after 3 attempts with no return phone call, I guess they are not interested. Has anyone used Blinds 4 Less?

wonder why they did not return phone calls? If anything, if they did not have the product that you wanted, they should have called you and told you so. Maby someone at the company was sick or had some other reason for not calling.

CTgolfer 02-03-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy steam (Post 448409)
wonder why they did not return phone calls? If anything, if they did not have the product that you wanted, they should have called you and told you so. Maby someone at the company was sick or had some other reason for not calling.

I agree. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But after 3 calls, sorry... I've moved on.,

villager 02-04-2012 08:20 PM

Try RK Products. They do what you're looking for and do return phone calls!

cquick 02-05-2012 07:33 PM

I went to the Rotary Home and Garden show today, and there were lots of options for shade in an enclosed lanai, from blinds to shutters to pull down shades....if you want names of some of the companies I brought home brochures from, just pm me

lvlwallach 03-25-2012 11:48 AM

Sunshades

We are considering rolldown shades on our open lanai. Would appreciate any suggestions. If we buy them we need someone to hang them, or is there a company that hangs them at a reasonable rate? We don't need solar, just simple rolldowns. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Harvey & Lavelle

jane032657 03-25-2012 01:44 PM

I just ordered shades and a Plantation shutter from Gator Blinds, Larry. Also he showed me gorgeous solar retractable shades/sliders for the stackables and slider in our new Florida room. We are going to wait and see if we need them but they come in a darker and lighter color, I could see the view clearly through the darker and I thought they were very attractive. Larry was great to work with and very patient. I am looking forward to him installing our shades and shutter.

CTgolfer 03-25-2012 05:48 PM

Solar shades - 97% UHV

We used Blinds 4 Less. They came to the house to show us different options, measured the windows, and did the installation. Very pleased.