Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   New York Giants Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/new-york-giants-talk-48478/)

zcaveman 12-27-2010 01:00 PM

New York Giants

After yesterdays p*** poor showing it will take a miracle to get us into the playoffs.

I kept watching and hoping but, alas it was not to be. Maybe Tom Couglin should yell at Eli like he yelled at the punter. Or at least smacked him upside his helmet to get his attention.

But the defense did not help. Pitiful pass coverage.

Next week I will be praying that all of the scenarios work out and we make the playoffs.

Go Giants!!!

bkcunningham1 12-27-2010 01:25 PM

Do you think this latest loss finally has Mr. Mara thinking we are at a place to consider Cowher replacing Coughlin?

2BNTV 12-27-2010 01:45 PM

I have been a Giant fan since listening to the Greatest Game played in 1954.

The loss to the Eagles was the worst loss in Giants history in my opinion. I was very upset. I had high expectations.

The performance on Sunday was pitiful. I didn't have a good feeling going into the game with Aaron Rodgers being back in the line-up and he showed why he is an elite quarterback. he played lights out.

Lowering my expections seems to keep me from being upset when they play poorly. Was not too upset yesterday. I was rather calm as I could see they were not going to win.

If the Giants win and the Packers lose to the Bears is the scenario that Giants fans have to hope for. I don't think the Saints are going to lose to the Falcons and Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay can only get in by the Giants and Packers both losing this week.

INHO - High expectations equals being more upset after loss.

Lower expectation equals not so upset as I feel they are not as good as they think they are.

I will always root for them but I have lower expectations as they seem to be not playing very good. I don't have high hopes of going to the Super Bowl as they turn the ball over too much. Six turnovers Sunday - OUCH.

They can be a dominate team as they have the talent and I will hope for the best.

The Gaints need to get their act together.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

tkret 12-27-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 318244)
Do you think this latest loss finally has Mr. Mara thinking we are at a place to consider Cowher replacing Coughlin?

I hope so because we want Coughlin in Denver SOON!

spk7951 12-27-2010 02:12 PM

After these last two games I would rather have them miss the playoffs then get in and get humiliated. At this point I do not have a lot of confidence in the coaches on this team. They appear to have some good talented players but something is wrong there. I have never been an Eli fan and almost fell over when I thought I heard one of the announcers refer to him yesterday as a top five quarterback in the NFL.

2BNTV 12-27-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 318244)

Most analyst think the Mara's are loyal to Coughlin as they like him and don't want to make a change now as the CBA for 2011 is not resolved. This would put any new coach at a disadvantage because the players may get locked-out.

Some analyst don't think Cowher is an upgrade from Coughlin as they are the same type of coach, (disciplinarians). They think it would be a lateral move.

Personally, I think it is an upgrade as I feel the players have tuned Coughlin out. They know what they have to do without being berated. The way they played for the last five quarters is disgraceful and I could see why one would lose their cool as he sees it slipping away in terms of making the playoffs and losing his job.

They need to get their act together. Less talking, more results.

bkcunningham1 12-27-2010 02:39 PM

Win or lose, I'm a Giants fan. But my goodness...grrrrrr. I guess I'm desperate to lash out and blame somebody.

spk7951 12-27-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 318261)
Most analyst think the Mara's are loyal to Coughlin as they like him and don't want to make a change now as the CBA for 2011 is not resolved. This would put any new coach at a disadvantage because the players may get locked-out.

Some analyst don't think Cowher is an upgrade from Coughlin as they are the same type of coach, (disciplinarians). They think it would be a lateral move.

Personally, I think it is an upgrade as I feel the players have tuned Coughlin out. They know what they have to do without being berated. The way they played for the last five quarters is disgraceful and I could see why one would lose their cool as he sees it slipping away in terms of making the playoffs and losing his job.

They need to get their act together. Less talking, more results.

You pretty much summed it all up very well. Coughlin is under contract until the end of the 2011 season but according to what I have read he actually gets a pay cut next year, so that could entice the Giants to possibly remove him. While this is all speculation with the names being thrown about as replacements for something that has not happened or may not happen I can not help but wonder what would happen if John Fox does get fired from Carolina. Wonder if they might want to bring him in as a head coach?

2BNTV 12-27-2010 02:49 PM

I bleed blue every Sunday. I like to think I have gotten more realistic about the chances of winning but sometimes I do get close to losing it.

Last Sunday form 7:54 in the game to losing it was as close as I could get to losing it. It was the most upset, I have ever been.

My friend was concerned I would throw something at my brand new television and break it.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda be nobody did.

As Bill Parcells used to say, "You put the ball on the ground, you sit down".

I will hope for the best scenario this sunday so the Giants will be in the playoffs but I will temper my feelings with realism on how far they go in the playoffs to how well they are playing.

2 Oldcrabs 12-28-2010 09:45 AM

I like the Giants coaching staff!

GO EAGLES ! They may not be good, but they sure are lucky !

LI SNOWBIRD 12-28-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 318267)
Win or lose, I'm a Giants fan. But my goodness...grrrrrr. I guess I'm desperate to lash out and blame somebody.

I'm with ya buddy. Being a Giants fan takes you from the high of a Super Bowl win to that awful Eagles game -- ugh!! But ya still goTTa love 'em
GO GIANTS

tpop1 01-05-2011 07:25 PM

New York Sports Fan Club

I wanted to let anyone interested know, that the New York Sports Fan Club, which we have discussed here previously, is in the process of getting a final roster to the Rec. Department. This is the last step in getting a meeting schedule and a location from them.

We are looking for all New York Sports Fans to join us for a monthly meeting to celebrate our favorite teams. We've got Jets, Yankees, Mets, Giants, Rangers, Nets, Knicks, Islanders fans, etc. We even have a Buffalo Bills fan who will be with us!!!

I can’t wait to get going, as I know we have a lot to talk about….The Jets playoff results, the Giants fiasco, the Rangers and Knicks livening up the Garden, Mets and Yankees getting going.

Please let me know if you are interested (I need your name, phone number, and email address- ) and I'll add you to the roster and the email list.

See you soon

brostholder 01-06-2011 07:32 AM

Still a snowflake, but would love to be part of it.
Barry Rostholder
barry.rostholder@gmail.com
419-509-4731
Yankee, Giant, Ranger, Knick fan. Formerly from LI

JDudik 01-06-2011 09:23 AM

NY Sports Fan

Count me in!
Joe Dudik
JDudik@aol.com
352-391-1757

Can't wait!

bluedog103 01-06-2011 01:08 PM

This is an exciting time of the year for a NY Sports fan. Those of us from the NY area have a never ending feast of entertainment. If the Giants could have just made a few more plays this season it would be even better but, hey, I should be thankful for what we have.
I'm really looking forward to this club getting off the ground. Thanks Tpop, you done good!