Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   2012 Villages Resident Survey - Yes to Indoor Pools (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/2012-villages-resident-survey-yes-indoor-pools-49948/)

swimdawg 03-07-2012 06:36 PM

2012 Villages Resident Survey - Yes to Indoor Pools

I received my letter regarding the Villages Resident Survey.

It will be ongoing for four weeks starting 3/12/12.

My one request.....for any of you who might think it is a good idea....to please suggest we have indoor pools in The Villages.

There is ever-increasing awareness of skin cancers and the necessity to avoid excesssive sun exposure. Indoor pools would surely alleviate that problem.

And, of course, indoor pools would be wonderful when the air is too cold to swim in outdoor pools (which I personally experienced on many occasions).

Please fill out your surveys and please think about adding something about how nice it would be to have indoor pools in TV. please

The Village Girl 03-07-2012 06:39 PM

*sniff sniff sniff* I smell a Swimdawg post here...... :BigApplause:

Bill-n-Brillo 03-07-2012 06:48 PM

Geez......THIS thread is a real surprise!!! :1rotfl: Heh-heh!

My vote can be bought. Cash accepted - no checks, no charges. :throwtomatoes:

Bill :wave:

swimdawg 03-07-2012 06:52 PM

Indoor pools....yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 463953)
Geez......THIS thread is a real surprise!!! :1rotfl: Heh-heh!

My vote can be bought. Cash accepted - no checks, no charges. :throwtomatoes:

Gee whiz, I'll cancel the shipment of the Lamborghini that I had ordered for you.

Happinow 03-07-2012 06:56 PM

Swim anyone?

You'd think with that large pool in your back yard you'd get to swim any time you want! :laugh:

Bill-n-Brillo 03-07-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimdawg (Post 463959)
Gee whiz, I'll cancel the shipment of the Lamborghini that I had ordered for you.

Oh NO!!!! :22yikes:

Now on the To-Do list: "Request indoor pool on TV Resident's Survey 03/12". Consider it done!!!

Aventador J in red will be fine - thanks!

Happinow 03-07-2012 07:13 PM

We all get cars!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimdawg (Post 463959)

You get a car, and you get a car, and you get a car....you all get cars!!!

Thanks Oprah!

Oren L Miller 03-07-2012 07:14 PM

I vote yes

I think an indoor pool would be great. Not everyone has unlimited wealth to be able to put in a large pool in their backyard. I think it would benefit a lot of the residents that live here now that realize that you can't swim every day even in this glorius Florida weather. :highfive:

asianthree 03-07-2012 08:17 PM

I would love to have a indoor pool but, ONE indoor pool for how many people in Jan/Feb/Mar. It would be like fitting 50 people in a two ring blow up pool. You think saving chairs is bad, put in ONE indoor pool and see how that goes. Yep it would be a better move to put in a gym like lifetime fitness with classes, indoor pool, and machines. $49.00 a month.

Pathel 03-07-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 463963)
You'd think with that large pool in your back yard you'd get to swim any time you want! :laugh:

That was not nice.

graciegirl 03-07-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 463963)

That is Al the aligators pool. :22yikes: And a whole platoon of shorebirds.:BigApplause:

Personally I think her view is better than just a swimming pool. Her view is awesome. All the birds and the trees and the tranquility. I cultivate her friendship just so she will let us sit on her porch. It isn't just a water view, it is her ocean!

Mudder 03-07-2012 08:25 PM

Personally, I will not be one of the people requesting an indoor pool. I think people would pay to use it in January maybe but that's it. I also don't think there enough people to support an indoor pool....but that's just my opinion. I swim outdoors in any weather, no problem

lovsthosebigdogs 03-07-2012 08:46 PM

I'd like to use an indoor pool in the summer. I hate all that sun and sunscreen. Seems like a way to prevent skin cancer if you ask me (I realize no one did or will). At this campground we like they have this lovely pool that is half outdoors and half in and I always keep myself in the part that is under the roof, even in the summer months. Just easier for me with my fair skin not to worry about wearing a hat and keeping covered. Not sure if I'd pay for a yearly membership though if it came to that. Maybe but it might be nice to have the pool to myself in July.

golf2140 03-07-2012 08:52 PM

There was an option to keep the indoor pool at the Sharon Morse building after MPV took over. Not enough people signed up to make it work. We can't have everything!!!!!

angiefox10 03-07-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf2140 (Post 464032)
There was an option to keep the indoor pool at the Sharon Morse building after MPV took over. Not enough people signed up to make it work. We can't have everything!!!!!

When was that? 1965?