Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Antrim Dell (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/antrim-dell-49957/)

JimPete 03-07-2012 09:08 PM

Antrim Dell

Has anyone heard of any progress on Antrim Dell the shopping area adjacent to Brownwood? I've seen it mentioned once or twice but nothing much.

Jim

keithwand 03-08-2012 11:24 AM

I thought at first you meant the Antrim Dells GC in Northern MI. in Antrim County.
Its just miles from Brownwood that the Morse family still owns on Torch Lake.

Bogie Shooter 03-08-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimPete (Post 464036)
Has anyone heard of any progress on Antrim Dell the shopping area adjacent to Brownwood? I've seen it mentioned once or twice but nothing much.

Jim

If you drive by there you can see they have the basic infrastructure, sewer lines,etc. done.

JimPete 03-08-2012 11:56 AM

Thanks Bogie. I've heard they have begun putting in the infrastructure but I was hoping someone had a read on what was being considered for there. Also, do you know if it will be golf cart accessible? I've seen a map of Brownwood that shows a golf cart path heading in that direction but didn't seem to show it arriving there.

Jim

Bogie Shooter 03-08-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimPete (Post 464259)
Thanks Bogie. I've heard they have begun putting in the infrastructure but I was hoping someone had a read on what was being considered for there. Also, do you know if it will be golf cart accessible? I've seen a map of Brownwood that shows a golf cart path heading in that direction but didn't seem to show it arriving there.

Jim

There is a golf cart tunnel under the road just east of the mall.

JimPete 03-08-2012 12:29 PM

Thanks Bogie. Sounds promising.

Jim

Bill-n-Brillo 03-08-2012 01:36 PM

To me, it's a lock that there will be golf cart access for it since it's being developed by TV.

Bill :)

SALYBOW 04-20-2012 11:49 AM

I've seen the map

Looking at the map of proposed Antrim Dells shopping area I get confused. It says it is at the corner of Buena Vista and 446A. The problem with that is there is already a golf course being built on that property. For me that begs two questions:
1. Where is the Dells really going, I hope it is still going to be there
2. Is the golf course that IS being built there going to be an executive course? It is really too far from Bonifay to be part of the CC. I was told there will be six new executive courses in the "lower forty. " The Villages is breaking their own promise to build golf courses and then houses, unless you count Bonifay which is too rich for my blood.

Third question: Is any one else as desperate for retail in that area as I am. I do know that Publix and Sweetbay are going to be built in this area. :a040: :mademyday: :BigApplause: The managers at both stores have confirmed that. However, it will not be for a year or two.
Is there a place we can get information that we can count on?

skyguy79 04-20-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SALYBOW (Post 481704)
Looking at the map of proposed Antrim Dells shopping area I get confused. It says it is at the corner of Buena Vista and 446A. The problem with that is there is already a golf course being built on that property. For me that begs two questions:
1. Where is the Dells really going, I hope it is still going to be there
2. Is the golf course that IS being built there going to be an executive course? It is really too far from Bonifay to be part of the CC. I was told there will be six new executive courses in the "lower forty. " The Villages is breaking their own promise to build golf courses and then houses, unless you count Bonifay which is too rich for my blood.

Third question: Is any one else as desperate for retail in that area as I am. I do know that Publix and Sweetbay are going to be built in this area. :a040: :mademyday: :BigApplause: The managers at both stores have confirmed that. However, it will not be for a year or two.
Is there a place we can get information that we can count on?

You might be able to find some of your answers by viewing the master plan south of 466A. My belief is that Antrim Dells is at the south/west corner of this PDF map link provided below, just west of Brownwood between Rts 44 & 44A. I trust others more knowledgable will be more specific to you queston.

http://www.sumtercountyfl.gov/Docume....aspx?DID=3350

Also see: The Villages Commercial Property Sales & Leasing
(Note: Bill posted the link first. I amended this post to add it before I saw that Bill had already done it in a followup post)
Bill, you're so quick that it's tought to beat you in posting information, but I'll keep trying. :icon_wink: :wave:

Bill-n-Brillo 04-20-2012 12:12 PM

Salybow - To your first question: Antrim Dells is going to be west of Brownwood - it's going to be west of Buena Vista, between 44 and 44A.

Check this map: Antrim Dells

Bill :)