Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Longtime Member Donna Kerrick (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/longtime-member-donna-kerrick-50780/)

F16 1UB 03-25-2012 08:22 AM

Longtime Member Donna Kerrick

In 2007 I discovered this web site and noticed that many on here were wannabes whether trying to sell their homes or purchase a warmer climate escape domain. Over the months the TOTV membership grew. Then many discovered the chat room. While we were trying to stay warm in the snowbound north, the chat room was an an "out" and good times with many fast & furious conversations, some true stories, hilarious laughter, and many anxious moments. We even set a record for the number of members in chat.

In the months to come the TOTV membership continued to expand. There were stories about dogs with regular followers wondering what the next episode was going to be about. Individuals on TOTV became friends with "Julia" the ghost with several persons intrigued with paranormal activity on Rolling Acres.

As time progressed, and many finally getting to TV, someone said lets all meet somewhere. Eventually Crispers became the monthly hangout for TOTV members as it is today.

With hugs & kisses long distance conversations over the web turned into a meet & greet. We all laughed and felt as we'd known each other for years. We were all new to TV and came from someplace else having vibrant personalities with jokes abound and crazy accents.

Months & years passed & some of the TOTV members drifted away for various reasons. But some kept close contact. My wife & I had that opportunity. The sometimes dingy antics with a laugh followed up by "Ya Think" will always be remembered along with "Raven you "bahstud". Raven was a German Shepard pup. The phone would ring and I'd hear "16 he has 1 ear up & 1 ear down. I'm gonna tape a popsicle stick to his ears. You're gonna do WHAT....I thought.

Although PA was home, on one occasion the door bell rang and low & behold SURPRISE!!! We're here. No notice what so ever. We went out to eat and enjoyed the following weeks with their company.

But life is never easy. I recall standing at a time clock with a summer job after high school, smoking and saying by the time I reach 50, they'll be a cure for cancer. I'm still waiting.

We lost Donna at 11:32 pm Mar 24, 2012.

We love you Donna

Irishmen 03-25-2012 08:32 AM

Prayers for the family and those who knew Donna. I am sorry for your loss.

mgm4444 03-25-2012 08:34 AM

I am so very, very sorry for the pain that you and Donna's TOTV family are feeling. So very sad for you. I will pray for your comfort.

graciegirl 03-25-2012 08:35 AM

May her sweet soul rest in peace. Grant mercy to those close to her.

Taltarzac725 03-25-2012 08:36 AM

I am very sorry to hear this. She will be greatly missed.

Sorry for all our loss.

tommy steam 03-25-2012 08:36 AM

so sorry...

bkcunningham1 03-25-2012 08:38 AM

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful post in honor of Donna. My husband and I met her at Havana after we first bought two years ago. She told us about her wonderful husband and the fantastic life they had created and about trying to get a little jewelry business started. She is the first one in the group at Havana we saw and I knew it was her from her photos on TOTV. God Bless you and the rest of her family. I'm glad you have good memories. Many blessings to you, B.K. Cunningham

tainsley 03-25-2012 08:43 AM

So very sorry to hear about Donna. May you be comforted by friends and family and the wonderful memories of Donna.

KathieI 03-25-2012 09:03 AM

Ciao my friend... till we meet again. This is a very sad day, RIP!! We will always remember Donna stories.

pooh 03-25-2012 09:17 AM

I'm so saddened to hear this....may she rest in peace. Prayers for Donna, her family and friends are offered.

bestmickey 03-25-2012 09:22 AM

Rest in peace. Prayers going up for Donna, her blood family, and her TOTV family. :pray:

KathieI 03-25-2012 09:28 AM

Message to Admin

Admin, as in the case of Steve from NY, could we please change Donna's title to "Eternal Member". Thank you in advance.

Bettiboop 03-25-2012 09:37 AM

So sorry. I will be remembering all her family and friends in my prayers - that they may find peace in this most difficult time. Hold on to the memories.

RIP Donna. :pray:

villages07 03-25-2012 09:49 AM

A wonderful, moving tribute, F16... I am very sad to hear of Donna's passing but grateful for her that her pain and suffering are over.

She was quite a character with that thick Bronx (or was it Brooklyn?) accent and frenetic energy tooling down the road in her bright red Corvette convertible with blonde ponytail flying in the wind.

Peace, my friend.

CarGuys 03-25-2012 09:56 AM

A Bell for Her.

At times like this there is only thoughts of respect, peace and hope for Donna and family and friends. One life moves on and another starts.

At St Josephs Hospital in Syracuse everytime a new baby is born a very pleasant Bell tolls across the entire hosiptal intercom system.

The moment my Mother slipped away seconds later I heard the bell. It comforted me in my grief.

I know there was a Bell for Donna.