Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/)
-   -   Garage door screens (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/garage-door-screens-51468/)

jimbo2012 04-08-2012 07:58 AM

Garage door screens

Any info on these work out on a garage door?

I do a lot of wood working and building different things and hate to be closed in.

Can you see in/out any privacy?

What about cost?

FMF Doc 04-08-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo2012 (Post 476700)
Any info on these work out on a garage door?

I do a lot of wood working and building different things and hate to be closed in.

Can you see in/out any privacy?

What about cost?

You can pretty much get them with as much privacy as you want. The more privacy the less air flow however. When it is dark outside and you have a garage light on you cannot see out but folks could see in.

We got ours at Marion Market north side of D concourse. Michele's is also at the Market and they do a heavier duty version along with the slider screens for the front door.

Believe we paid aorund $1400 for a 1.5 car garage. Between the screen on the front door and leaving the service door to the garage open with the screen down we get some very nice air flow through our house.

uujudy 04-08-2012 11:45 AM

I love our garage screen! It keeps the whole house cooler, and the kitty thinks the garage is his front yard lanai.
Our screen is white, so it's harder for folks outside to see into the garage during the daytime, but I can see out with no problem.

If you do woodworking the screen would add a lot of light to the garage without allowing the bugs to enter or the pets to get out.

Golfer in Sanibel 04-08-2012 11:49 AM

Darn. Another item for my gotta have list.:shrug:

starflyte1 04-08-2012 12:23 PM

JUST-IN-TIME installed our garage screen door. Very reasonable and professional.

Bobcuse 04-09-2012 08:27 AM

I have used Just-In-Time for my garage door screens twice and he is excellent. Both houses were 2 car garage doors for approx $850. I got the white solar screen rather than the regular black and it keeps my garage about 20 degrees cooler and provides privacy as you cannot see in but you can see out during daylight hours. I got the sliders for quick and easy access when doing lawn work (so I don't have to raise and lower the expensive one piece screen style). Justin is honest, reasonable, and very reliable.

scrapple 07-07-2012 06:58 PM

I am leaning toward the Roll Up variety of Garage screen doors; now I'm looking for contractors. It looks like Thumpers and Michelle's are on top of the list.
I read a little about Just in Time, but can't find his phone #. any others I should consider?

dkrhardy 07-19-2012 10:24 AM

scrapple - what did you find out?
Don