Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf Cart Speedometer (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-cart-speedometer-51474/)

cmfjr 04-08-2012 09:31 AM

Golf Cart Speedometer

I've checked out the speed of my cart with my GPS and am concerned that it can go over 23 mph on flat roads. Looking for a reliable source to get an appropriate speedometer for the cart. Seen the ad in The Daily Sun who advertise one for $75 and I have also read on TOTV of Bob Sain who also installs them. Any recommendation would be appreciated as I do want to keep it under the legal speed! Thanks

jimbo2012 04-08-2012 10:18 AM

You can get one for a bicycle that will work great about $10

10 minute install, one magnet on the inside of any wheel, the other magnet on a fixed spot nearby.

Some are wireless.

Super accurate and will give distance.

army one 04-08-2012 10:35 AM

Sorry, I don't understand. Just because your cart will go over the speed limit, do you drive it flat to the mat all the time? My auto will go over any speed limit but I don't drive it that way. If you know your cart will go over the limit doesn't that mean you shouldn't drive it flat out?

bluedog103 04-08-2012 11:38 AM

I think the poster wants to know how fast his cart is going, kind of like you want to know how fast your car is going so you don't go over the speed limit.
Bob Sain installed our speedometer. Nice job, good guy.

paulandjean 04-08-2012 11:44 AM

I do not understand also.If flat out it go 23mph, I think you just have to lighten up on the gas. Do not think you will get a ticket. $75 will go a long way as a donation to a food pantry. Just my thoughts. Happy Easter

Bill-n-Brillo 04-08-2012 11:58 AM

Here's a link to the speedo, etc. unit that Carts & Clubs installed on our cart (Dec. '10):

Vector Digital Gauge at Trail Tech Home

All kinds of different functions on it!! :D

Bill :)

jnieman 04-08-2012 12:17 PM

The Villages Golf Cart store put a speedometer on our cart and we just look down and if we are going over 20, we let up the gas. It's also nice that it has an odometer and a gas gauge.

starflyte1 04-08-2012 12:18 PM

Bob Sain installed speedometers on two of our golf carts. Very happy.

beartrack 04-08-2012 01:42 PM

golf cart speedometer

Bob Sain gets my vote. He has installed speedometers not only on my cart but, most of my golfing buddies and and many of my neighbors. All are more then satisfied. He did mine with directional signal lights and a small light that lights up my dashboard at night. He is really a very nice guy and a fellow Villager. Try him, you won't be sorry.

lightworker888 04-08-2012 01:44 PM

Jim Cesaroni 352-259-4768 installed ours. He is a villager who lives near Chula Vista and it can be done very quickly. He has installed many speedometers and is very thorough. The speedometer has an odometer and a clock and a night light. Highly recommend him.

LW888

kirk1 04-08-2012 03:05 PM

Bob Swain did my Par Car and it looks and works great.
His #399-5115

Shimpy 04-08-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by army one (Post 476772)
Sorry, I don't understand. Just because your cart will go over the speed limit, do you drive it flat to the mat all the time? My auto will go over any speed limit but I don't drive it that way. If you know your cart will go over the limit doesn't that mean you shouldn't drive it flat out?

The question is HOW much do you let up on the gas. Without a speedometer you are only guessing. He is asking for help to be able to drive within the speed limit. I'm pretty sure your car has a speedometer that you can refer to to keep you to a legal speed.

jebartle 04-08-2012 03:41 PM

Speedometer for cart

We went to Mr. Ron Friday at 1011 Nell St. on the historic side and installation and speedometer was $40...His number is 352-259-5444....He does great work and is a #1 first class guy.....Tell him Doug Bartle sent you!

bluedog103 04-08-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulandjean (Post 476801)
I do not understand also.If flat out it go 23mph, I think you just have to lighten up on the gas. Do not think you will get a ticket. $75 will go a long way as a donation to a food pantry. Just my thoughts. Happy Easter

I'll try to help you out. The speed limits are as low as 10 mph in some places, 15 mph on the street in front of my house and 30 mph along Bailey Trail. If my cart goes a max of around 23 mph I really don't know how to judge my speed with out a speedometer. Kind of like your car. Don't you check your speed when you go from a 30 mph zone to a 20 mph zone or do you just lighten up on the gas?
The $75 I paid Bob Sain had no impact on my service to the community. I try to be generous with both my time, talents and treasures.
Happy Easter

George Bieniaszek 04-08-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightworker888 (Post 476858)
Jim Cesaroni 352-259-4768 installed ours. He is a villager who lives near Chula Vista and it can be done very quickly. He has installed many speedometers and is very thorough. The speedometer has an odometer and a clock and a night light. Highly recommend him.

LW888

I agree LW!! Jim installed mine 2 yrs ago and it works great! I recommended Jim to a couple of my friends and neighbors and they also had him install the speedometer on their carts. Jim is very thorough and does a great job.

Good luck