Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   how to...present another post as a quote? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/how-present-another-post-quote-52150/)

billethkid 04-23-2012 08:13 AM

how to...present another post as a quote?

I have looked in the tools etc. and do not readily see how to make the grey box quote I see so often here.

btk

ceejay 04-23-2012 08:20 AM

To the right and under each posting is a "quote" box.

Click the "quote" box under the posting you would like to quote and it will show up in your empty box.

jsw14 04-23-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceejay (Post 483159)
Under each posting, you have a choice.

One box says "edit"...the other one says "quote".

Click the "quote" box under the posting you would like to quote and it will show up in your empty box.

Ditto's to that.......:wave:

Skybo 04-23-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 483157)
I have looked in the tools etc. and do not readily see how to make the grey box quote I see so often here.

btk

On the bottom right-hand side of the post you want to quote, you will see a button that says “Quote”. Select that button and then the whole post will come up starting with: [quote] and ending with [\quote]. You can leave the whole post, or if you only want to quote a portion of the post, you can delete whatever parts you want. Just make sure the part you want to quote starts with: [quote] and ends with [\quote]. Then you type your response either above or below the quote.

I also always hit the “review post” option before I post it to make sure I’ve done it correctly.

ajbrown 04-23-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceejay (Post 483159)
Under each posting, you have a choice.

One box says "edit"...the other one says "quote".

In addition, you can quote mutliple posts by using the <""> button next to the <quote> button. I clicked <""> under ceejays post.....

Quote:

btk

and then I clicked the <quote> button under your post and I get both. I only learned that recently when reading a thread from TOTV.

ceejay 04-23-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 483165)
In addition, you can quote mutliple posts by using the <""> button next to the <quote> button. I clicked <""> under ceejays post.....

and then I clicked the <quote> button under your post and I get both. I only learned that recently when reading a thread from TOTV.

Wow...I didn't know that....thank you!:wave:

Barefoot 04-23-2012 08:35 AM

If you want to post more than one quote, use the "" button to the right of the quote button for each quote. Then hit reply. You'll see all the quotes that you want to use as a reference.

ajbrown 04-23-2012 08:37 AM

[quote=Skybo;483162On the bottom right-hand side of the post you want to quote, you will see a button that says “Quote”. Select that button and then the whole post will come up starting with: [quote] and ending with [\quote]. You can leave the whole post, or if you only want to quote a portion of the post, you can delete whatever parts you want. Just make sure the part you want to quote starts with:
Quote:

and ends with [\quote]. Then you type your response either above or below the quote.

I also always hit the “review post” option before I post it to make sure I’ve done it correctly.

Yeah, I see that all of the time on TOTV :oops:

chuckinca 04-23-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 483168)
If you want to post more than one quote, use the "" button to the right of the quote button for each quote. Then hit reply. You'll see all the quotes that you want to use as a reference.

If you are surfing and not logged in to TOTV the "" button to the right of the quote button isn't shown.

Barefoot 04-23-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

I have looked in the tools etc. and do not readily see how to make the grey box quote I see so often here. btk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 483168)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 483182)
If you are surfing and not logged in to TOTV the "" button to the right of the quote button isn't shown. .

Good point Chuck, I didn't know that. Thanks. I guess the icon I have on my desktop just automatically logs me in.