Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   ? re car size for CYV garage (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/re-car-size-cyv-garage-52595/)

festusrules 04-30-2012 07:22 PM

? re car size for CYV garage

I would like to get a CYV, but hate the narrow driveway and garage. Have thought that getting a smaller car would help. Thinking about a Kia Soul (164 inch length) or similar car. Would appreciate comments from those of you who have dealt with this issue.

asianthree 04-30-2012 07:49 PM

We rented a soul the last trip down it does fit better in the 1.5 garage but you know you gan get two car up in the new cyv by lsl

festusrules 04-30-2012 07:56 PM

those would be too pricey for snowbirds like us. :sigh:

jimbo2012 04-30-2012 08:01 PM

Get a Miata, guaranteed to take 10 years off your age:eclipsee_gold_cup:

pklein9747 04-30-2012 08:05 PM

We have a mustang convertible that fits fine along with our golf cart. Granted we don't have our laundry setup in the garage so that gives us more room in the CYV garage; however, we do have quite a bit of shelving in there also along with 2 bikes, a toolbox, etc.

festusrules 04-30-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pklein9747 (Post 486600)
We have a mustang convertible that fits fine along with our golf cart. Granted we don't have our laundry setup in the garage so that gives us more room in the CYV garage; however, we do have quite a bit of shelving in there also along with 2 bikes, a toolbox, etc.

which cyv do you have?

olgreeneyes 05-01-2012 06:13 AM

garage

We are staying in a Cumberland CYV and the airport rental gave us a sporty 2 door Altima (the only one with a GPS they said). It fits nicely in the garage with the golf cart. Both sides can get out in the garage but the car itself is low and awkward to get in and out of.

uujudy 05-01-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by festusrules (Post 486578)
I would like to get a CYV, but hate the narrow driveway and garage. Have thought that getting a smaller car would help. Thinking about a Kia Soul (164 inch length) or similar car. Would appreciate comments from those of you who have dealt with this issue.

We have a Subaru Outback in our CYV. We discovered that it's not the length of the car that's important -- it's the width. You have to be able to open the doors. :icon_wink:

pklein9747 05-01-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by festusrules (Post 486604)
which cyv do you have?

We have a Bonita.

George Bieniaszek 05-01-2012 08:24 AM

We have a CYV and the garage is kinda snug when we park our Ford Escape and golf cart in there along with the washer/dryer and the usual amount of garage stuff against the walls. We also have a fullsize Dodge Ram that we bring down to The Villages as well. It cannot fit into the garage for obvious reasons, but we have no problem getting the golf cart in and out of the garage with the Dodge parked in the driveway.

You may be lucky to find a resale CYV that has a 2 car garage, which may work better for you.

Penguin 05-01-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbo2012 (Post 486599)
Get a Miata, guaranteed to take 10 years off your age:eclipsee_gold_cup:

The most fun car I've ever driven. :thumbup:

John_W 05-01-2012 03:50 PM

We bought last year a 2 BR masonry CYV Woodlawn model, now called a Durham. The W/D is in the garage and with our Yamaha golf cart our Hyundai Santa Fe wouldn't fit, so we traded and got a Mazda 3 five door hatchback and it's still a very tight fit. My wife can't get in her side until I pull the car out.

The neighbor across from us has a Hyundai Santa Fe and his fits in the garage with his golf cart and he also has the W/D in the garage. They have a bigger more expensive 3 BR Stoney Brook which I don't know the new name. There was exactly $50,000 difference between our two homes, $157K vs $207K.

looneycat 05-01-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olgreeneyes (Post 486670)
We are staying in a Cumberland CYV and the airport rental gave us a sporty 2 door Altima (the only one with a GPS they said). It fits nicely in the garage with the golf cart. Both sides can get out in the garage but the car itself is low and awkward to get in and out of.

a friend has a kia soul in the 2/2 cyv garage with the w/d it fits nicely and sits high enough that getting in and out is a breeze.

rabonkmontage@msn.com 05-01-2012 07:58 PM

I have a CYV and park a full size Jaguar XJ8 and still have plenty of room.