Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   List of cancelled and renewed TV shows. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/list-cancelled-renewed-tv-shows-53357/)

Taltarzac725 05-15-2012 08:17 AM

List of cancelled and renewed TV shows.

Canceled TV Shows 2012: Guide To The Futures Of 'Community,' 'Fringe' And More

Some of my favorites did not make the cut. :cryin2:

Bobcuse 05-15-2012 09:47 AM

Harry's Law is(was) a favorite of ours. Great acting and entertaining oral arguments for controversial and often current subject matter mixed with some humor. I hope AMC or TNT picks it up.

RichieLion 05-15-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcuse (Post 492867)
Harry's Law is(was) a favorite of ours. Great acting and entertaining oral arguments for controversial and often current subject matter mixed with some humor. I hope AMC or TNT picks it up.

The liberal preaching agenda of the lead character turned away lots of viewers, like me for example.

I watched the first 3 episodes and then "Harry" said just one too many "stupid" things, in my opinion.

You can't turn away more than half the country and expect ratings.

Taltarzac725 05-15-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 492884)
The liberal preaching agenda of the lead character turned away lots of viewers, like me for example.

I watched the first 3 episodes and then "Harry" said just one too many "stupid" things, in my opinion.

Not sure that the politics of a show matters that much. I always really enjoyed 24 but disagreed with some of the politics of the show. Many of the very popular sitcoms are very liberal in tone too. One of these--Will and Grace-- did more for gay rights than any other I would argue.

Lists of television programs with LGBT characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rp001 05-15-2012 11:28 AM

harry's law, great show

I'm so happy to see that it(Harry's Law) has been renewed...I love the fact we can look at controversial subject matters with intelligence and understanding..sad that GCB was cancelled..It may have turned off some of the people because of it's parody some religious folks,and that is jmho...I just thought it was funny and didn't dwell on the content...

Taltarzac725 05-15-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp001 (Post 492928)
I'm so happy to see that it(Harry's Law) has been renewed...I love the fact we can look at controversial subject matters with intelligence and understanding..sad that GCB was cancelled..It may have turned off some of the people because of it's parody some religious folks,and that is jmho...I just thought it was funny and didn't dwell on the content...

It looks like NBC cancelled Harry's Law. Harry's Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rp001 05-15-2012 12:32 PM

Harry's Law

I saw yesterday on the internet MSN homepage that it had been renewed..

Taltarzac725 05-15-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rp001 (Post 492971)
I saw yesterday on the internet MSN homepage that it had been renewed..

Could be. Harry's Law | NBC Official Site: Watch Harry's Law, Shows, Episodes & Online Videos

rp001 05-15-2012 12:52 PM

Harry's Law

I just checked their facebook site and there is an uproar going on there about this stupid decision by NBC....Hope they fire the character that made that decision..

Schaumburger 05-15-2012 01:25 PM

CSI Miami cancelled after 10 seasons

I was surprised that CSI Miami was cancelled after 10 seasons...enjoyed the show, especially the outdoor photography. Heard that it was expensive show to produce...oh well it will probably be replaced by another reality show. :(.

Taltarzac725 05-15-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 492989)
I was surprised that CSI Miami was cancelled after 10 seasons...enjoyed the show, especially the outdoor photography. Heard that it was expensive show to produce...oh well it will probably be replaced by another reality show. :(.

Wonder why they call them "reality shows" as they often have nothing to do with real life. How far would most of us get if we treated other people like the contestants in Survivor treat one another??

thekeithfan 05-15-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 492884)

I'm so conservative I make Rush look like a Liberal and I like the show. Love the characters and the story line.

Taltarzac725 05-15-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekeithfan (Post 493055)
I'm so conservative I make Rush look like a Liberal and I like the show. Love the characters and the story line.

I read somewhere that the audience of Harry's Law was too old for it to capture a wide demographic of TV watchers. 'Harry's Law' axed by NBC | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Bosoxfan 05-15-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 492830)
Canceled TV Shows 2012: Guide To The Futures Of 'Community,' 'Fringe' And More

Some of my favorites did not make the cut. :cryin2:

This link isn't working for me :cryin2:

gmcneill 05-15-2012 04:45 PM

Harry's Law, like Kelley's Boston Legal before it, does tend to be quite liberal. I have watched a few more episodes than Ritchie has, but when the message drifts too far left for me, my remote goes "click".

There are 10 shows (no reality shows in the lot!) that I routinely watch; 6 of those are "must record!". Unfortunty,one of those 6- The Finder- did not make the cut for next season.