Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Houses of Worship in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/)
-   -   Buddhist Temple (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/buddhist-temple-53874/)

maynaze 05-25-2012 05:32 PM

Buddhist Temple

Is there a Buddhist Temple near the Villages?

chachacha 05-26-2012 09:33 AM

ashram

i know there is a yoga ashram in the ocala national forest but not sure of its religious affiliation.

Taltarzac725 05-26-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maynaze (Post 497263)

There's one in Orlando. Guang Ming Temple | BLIA | IBPS | YAD | Orlando, FL

There's also one in Kissimmee. Wat Florida Dhammaram

hulahips 05-26-2012 04:14 PM

Buddhist temple

I don't believe there is one in the Villages but I sure would like to see someone start a Buddhist club. I recently had my sister in law visit from Thailand and took her to a Thai temple down in Tampa.

maynaze 05-29-2012 03:38 PM

Buddhist

Thanks everyone. I am not in the Villages yet. My husband and I are putting our house here in Guam for sale on June 11. As soon as it sells we are coming. I hope it is soon!

I am not a buddhist, but am very interested in it and also the "oneness" movement.

A buddhist Club sounds great!

zendog3 05-29-2012 07:43 PM

Doubt it.

Quote:

I have been sitting Zen for about 10 years. There are, to my knowledge, no Buddhist sitting groups -- although there are other new-age meditation groups. When you get here, send me an Email. I will sit with you.

cologal 01-21-2013 12:43 PM

Buddhist Meditation Teacher in TV

A Buddhist meditiation teacher has a home in the Villages and visits during the snow bird season. She will be offering classes in Buddhism through the Life Long College Feb 11, 13, March 18 and 20th.
In addition she will be offering an Insight Meditaiton Workshop the afternoon of February 16th at a local hotel in Spanish Springs from 1-3.
Her name is Lucinda Green. check with the LLC catalogue for info on classes or call Dr. Green at (719) 337-0237 if you are interested.

Heartnsoul 01-29-2013 08:33 AM

I know there is a course being offered in the Villages college about buddhism. Maybe the instructor would be interested in starting a club for us??

batman911 01-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maynaze (Post 498822)
Thanks everyone. I am not in the Villages yet. My husband and I are putting our house here in Guam for sale on June 11. As soon as it sells we are coming. I hope it is soon!

I am not a buddhist, but am very interested in it and also the "oneness" movement.

A buddhist Club sounds great!

Hafa Adai!

kittygilchrist 04-28-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachacha (Post 497430)
i know there is a yoga ashram in the ocala national forest but not sure of its religious affiliation.

Hi Cha, I was certified to teach yoga there. It's not Buddhist, it's Hindu.
Amrit Yoga Institute, Salt Springs.

Heartnsoul 05-05-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

I believe Orlando has one and Tampa not sure about closer to the villages.

graciegirl 05-05-2013 11:42 AM

What does sitting Zen mean?

kittygilchrist 05-10-2013 12:50 PM

As usual, I'm not qualified to answer but doing it anyway. Let the experts tell you after my simple understanding. You might call it meditation. It is a way of stilling the mind so that thoughts in large subside and those that come are let go. The philosophy holds that our desire for a particular outcome prevents the freedom to accept what is. Those advanced in the practice may have an extended time free of thought. Others like me may squirm and wiggle and think all over the map while "sitting Zen"

VinaVillager 02-21-2014 05:34 PM

I am an Asian-American and I am vegetarian. I relocated to The Villages for about two years, I am interested in practicing Zen Meditation and Vipassana Meditation. I have been trying to search the Buddhist meditation group in The Villages for regular practice. I very appreciate any information about the Buddhist meditation group activities in The Villages.
My email contact is Kieu2567@comcast.net.