Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Comcast makes most hated list (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/comcast-makes-most-hated-list-55827/)

BarryRX 06-29-2012 06:11 PM

Comcast makes most hated list

I knew it wasn't just me! According to the American Customer Satisfaction Index, Comcast is the 4th most hated company in America. The link to the article is below.

The 15 Most Disliked Companies in America - Yahoo! Finance

asianthree 06-29-2012 07:52 PM

go brighthouse

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-29-2012 08:21 PM

I like Comcast. I have the internet and cable package. I had them when I lived up north and I've had very few problems with them.

zcaveman 06-29-2012 08:33 PM

Lists and rankings are great depending on what the criteria for complaints are. It would be nice to see the number of complaints and the number of responders for all of these companies.

graciegirl 06-29-2012 08:35 PM

I have witnessed the most patient person and the most reasonable person I have ever met just have steam coming out of his ears after a long and involved attempt to get something done with the customer service folks at Comcast.

My Sweetie has trained in the trenches of handling difficult human behavior...He has lived with ME for fifty years.

He was at his wits end with Comcast.

I believe that poll.

tpop1 06-29-2012 09:40 PM

My job

I provide tech support for employees of a large company, a great many who work at home.

On a daily basis, I deal with Time Warner, Cox, ATT and Comcast ...with Comcast by far being the hardest with which to deal.... its never their problem til I prove it is!!!

I was a Comcast customer both in Connecticut and TV and have had Comcast contractors doing work in my houses that I otherwise would not have allowed in my homes.

Switched to ATT UVerse in CT and it pains me to say, as a Bell System retiree, that I'm getting to feel that they are following the Comcast customer service model.:grumpy:

uujudy 06-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 514072)
. . . He was at his wits end with Comcast.

I believe that poll.

Please tell Sweetie that I am also at my wits end with Comcast. He is not alone. I believe Comcast should be number 1 on that poll. :rant-rave:

rubicon 06-30-2012 05:20 AM

I bear witness to the fact that ComCast has been exemplary in their dealings with me. We have the entire package and they have been excellent to deal with thus far. What some may be experiencing is that this company is growing leaps and bounds in all different directions. I must disclose that I am a stock holder;albeit small. However it is all the more reason as to why I would be more critical. If I had a real concern I woud move this stock quickly. It is being held long term with no plas to sell it

mulligan 06-30-2012 05:26 AM

I just dumped them for centurylink, as did 5 neighbors. Great service, and saved $32/month for a bundle.

l2ridehd 06-30-2012 05:38 AM

I too believe the poll. They have a great product and it works well. However when you do have any issue, they are the worst company in the world to deal with. And the price just keeps going up. I believe the poll was rigged and they are really number 1. I would not buy their stock, and would highly recommend anyone who owns it to sell. As soon as any other viable alternative is available, I am gone as a customer. And almost everyone you discuss them with feels the same way. Apple TV is coming soon and when it does, bye bye Comcast.

jojo 06-30-2012 05:41 AM

I'm a dissatisfied Comcast customer. I will give them credit for trying to help on the phone but they do blame anything and anybody else when there is a problem. The increasing price jumps and the need to call and negotiate are wearing.

2 Oldcrabs 06-30-2012 05:59 AM

Brighthouse

Had comcast in De. They were the worst. Got Verizon FIOS when it became available and they were the best!. Now have Brighthouse and it is pretty good. Customer service seems to be excellent. It is only available in the new sections south of CR 466A. If they get enough interest south of CR466A, maybe we can convince them to "flow mole" (install in existing neighborhoods)
north of CR466A.:pepper2:

zcaveman 06-30-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 514151)
I just dumped them for centurylink, as did 5 neighbors. Great service, and saved $32/month for a bundle.

Century Link is #11 on that poll and DirecTV is #14.

PennBF 06-30-2012 08:04 AM

Interesting

For reference "Infinity" is just another word for Comcast. I understand that Comcast/Infinity is very concerned about Apple introducing their own TV and providing services/movies, etc. at much less than Comcast/Infinity. If you have Comcast and go to Channel 1, (On Demand) you will now see a line item "Infinty Streampix" which are a very large number of free movies. I would guess this is in preparation of Apple's potential offerings? We have the total Comcast bundled services and except for the high charges and the frustration of waiting in their waiting room if you have a problem we are OK.:bowdown:

mikeandnancy1112 06-30-2012 09:24 AM

We have had Comcast for 3 years and love it. The Xfinity is awesome. It's like having a DVR, can watch TV series we've missed. And, when it storms the cable doesn't go out. Also, we have internet through them and no problems with it either.