Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Batteries (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/batteries-254/)
-   -   BATTERY BOYS - Simply the Best!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/batteries-254/battery-boys-simply-best-56093/)

Ad poster 07-04-2012 10:58 PM

BATTERY BOYS - Simply the Best!!
 
Battery Boys

Battery Boys is an authorized Trojan Battery Distributor/Dealer.
Plus we offer our own brand name Battery Boys "Signature-Series" battery manufactured by Crown Battery of Fremont, Ohio.

We are the experts on your golf cart battery needs providing prompt, professional services to our local residents.

We come to your house or place of business within The Villages and nearby communities to install new batteries, repair your golf cart, and safely dispose of any old batteries.

A SPECIAL NOTE: All Battery Boys Service Professionals drive Battery Boys identified vehicles. Plus, they wear Battery Boys uniforms with their names thus assuring that you have genuine Battery Boys servicing your cart.

CALL 352-643-1241


CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE!

Golfingnut 09-22-2012 02:26 PM

Batteries will blow up
 
Had a full charge on my cart, pulled out of the garage and drove about a mile an noticed that the state of charge meter indicated I had lost one bar already. Then I noticed a hot smell and thought OH &*^&. Stopped, pulled up the seat to check things out and could smell a hot something. Felt around and found one wire very hot and also loose. As I wiggled it around I apparently caused and arch and Ka Blue EEEEEEEE. With my face only about 18 inch from the battery, for some reason the Battery was kind enough to split on the side away from me and battery acid shot out into the parking lot that way. Oh Yea, I feel very fortunate to have both my eyes.

Well, I called **** Aide and they had me loaded and back in my garage in less than 45 minutes. That was impressive. Called Battery Boys over on CR 108 and they supplied me with the proper battery and a new cable and I am back on the road again. Battery Boys are priced very reasonable and they know their business.

At 65, lived on a farm, have been my own mechanic all my life and that was the first battery I even witnessed blowing up. It is real loud and could have been devastatingly dangerous.

NOTE TO SELF: If something smells hot stand back and call the professionals.

Happinow 09-22-2012 03:01 PM

Close call
 
Glad you are ok and didn't get hurt. A dangerous situation for sure. We just got back from Sumter in our cart and on one of the hills coming out of a tunnel a man and a woman were pushing their golf cart up the hill. We stopped to see if they needed assistance and they indicated that they did. Hubby helped them push the cart of the hill. They indicated their battery cart didn't have enough "juice" to make it up the hill. We are happy we have gas carts with a fuel Gage on them.

KeepingItReal 09-22-2012 03:23 PM

Battery Explosion
 
.....

rubicon 09-22-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingnut (Post 558574)
Had a full charge on my cart, pulled out of the garage and drove about a mile an noticed that the state of charge meter indicated I had lost one bar already. Then I noticed a hot smell and thought OH &*^&. Stopped, pulled up the seat to check things out and could smell a hot something. Felt around and found one wire very hot and also loose. As I wiggled it around I apparently caused and arch and Ka Blue EEEEEEEE. With my face only about 18 inch from the battery, for some reason the Battery was kind enough to split on the side away from me and battery acid shot out into the parking lot that way. Oh Yea, I feel very fortunate to have both my eyes.

Well, I called **** Aide and they had me loaded and back in my garage in less than 45 minutes. That was impressive. Called Battery Boys over on CR 108 and they supplied me with the proper battery and a new cable and I am back on the road again. Battery Boys are priced very reasonable and they know their business.

At 65, lived on a farm, have been my own mechanic all my life and that was the first battery I even witnessed blowing up. It is real loud and could have been devastatingly dangerous.

NOTE TO SELF: If something smells hot stand back and call the professionals.

golfingnut.....Now be honest. would you rather have your battery blow up or your spouse? I'd take the battery every time:wave:

asianthree 09-22-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 558617)
golfingnut.....Now be honest. would you rather have your battery blow up or your spouse? I'd take the battery every time:wave:

funny… go to the battery boys next time!!

doran 12-04-2012 03:20 PM

Best price and service from Battery Boys!
 
I do not post many things as I seem to be still trying to adapt to The Villages and Florida as we are from Southern California.

Anyway, in California I have never seen a gas cart so I brought my 2006 Precedent with me, electric version. Long story made short, I needed batteries and shopped around and found the best deal and prompt service from David and the crew at Battery Boys.

Nathan Lewis, the tech that came out was outstanding, I am picky so this is an unusual thing for me to give praise.

Great job at a great price..... $669.95 for 4 -12 volt Trojan T 1275's installed with old ones taken away, great deal!

Ed Doran

bobbev 12-23-2012 12:55 PM

36 volt battry charger
 
Looking for someone to repair my golf cart charger.

Waynecarla 12-25-2012 12:27 PM

Call the Battery Boys over on 466 if they don't repair I'm sure they know someone who does !

renrod 01-12-2013 01:38 PM

Trojan Batteries
 
My neighbor needs 1 (ONE) Trojan T875. Who sells them over the counter for self install. I know all about "not replacing just 1 battery". But right now that is what he wants and needs. Thanks for your help.

ajbrown 01-12-2013 02:19 PM

I have done this in the past. Last time I used Battery Boys. The trick is to get a battery that matches the condition of the peers in the pack. I picked it up and I think it was $50. They can help with more information for sure....

renrod 01-12-2013 02:28 PM

Thanks
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 607853)
I have done this in the past. Last time I used Battery Boys. The trick is to get a battery that matches the condition of the peers in the pack. I picked it up and I think it was $50. They can help with more information for sure....

Thanks AJ, you have always been a great help.

renrod 01-14-2013 04:04 PM

Update
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajbrown (Post 607853)
I have done this in the past. Last time I used Battery Boys. The trick is to get a battery that matches the condition of the peers in the pack. I picked it up and I think it was $50. They can help with more information for sure....

AJ...Thanks for the suggestion. The neighbor went to Battery Boys and they agreed and sold him a battery for $50, said it would probably last as long as the remaining 5 batteries in the cart. Again Thanks for the help.

renrod 01-17-2013 06:23 PM

?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mo-on-the-go (Post 610725)
battery boys.... 6431241/ 6431340 .. they will come to you...

Just in case you didn't read the previous post, the problem has been taken care of, and Battery Boys took care of it.

ureout 01-24-2013 12:33 PM

New golf cart batteries
 
I'm confused...I just called Battery Boys in Oxford about having my batteries replaced in my golf cart. I was quoted a good price for 8 6 volt batteries. I then asked about the warranty...I was told 18 months...so I asked if i have a problem in 15 months do I get 8 new batteries. I was told not necessarily that they may only change out 1 battery. They then told me that if the batteries are over 2 years old then they would change all 8, but thats 6 months past warranty. Everything I have ever heard or read about this subject was that YOU NEED TO CHANGE ALL 8 BATTERIES. Has anyone else been told this or had a warranty experience with them? I know Battery Boys is suppose to be a good company and has had many good reviews on TOTV.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Content, Design and Layout may not be reproduced
Copywrite 2006-2017 This site is owned and operated by TalkofTheVillages.com and is not affliated with the The Villages or The Villages development company.