Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   the things people do (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/things-people-do-56691/)

Grannynance 07-15-2012 06:21 PM

the things people do

At my age with two heart attacks I have learned to over look things, but today I saw something that I thought was wrong and disrespective to other people. I stopped at McDonald's on 466 for a lunch (inside) while there a couple pulled up the man went inside to order and the odd thing is that the lady tried to look in the window in fact she got right up to the glass, well it kind of got my attention so I watched. The lady next sat down at a table (outside) what happen next takes the cake she had a white dog which she had jump up on the table not on the seat, but on the table. The man appeared with the order and they sat there with the dog now on the seat with his head resting on the table top and eating with them. Now folks I love dog and since a child I had a dog in fact my current dog is 16 so I am not a dog hater. It takes all kind of people to made a world, but we could have a little respect for each other. Oh yes I did report it to the manager I don't think anything was done.

Bogie Shooter 07-15-2012 06:32 PM

Bill.........get the :popcorn: ready, we may need it on this one!

Bill-n-Brillo 07-15-2012 07:04 PM

ON It, Bogie................it is at the ready! :popcorn:

Bill :wave:

CarolSells 07-15-2012 07:18 PM

Hey

1 Attachment(s)
Easy on the popcorn....I was gonna start a dog poop thread!

Grannynance 07-15-2012 08:36 PM

That is the kind of reply I thought I would get.

skip0358 07-15-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grannynance (Post 522569)

So the contractor who comes in for lunch after sweating his ass off all day is any cleaner then the dog? And when was the last time you saw those tables wiped down between diners? And the tables under the trees in the new park just s/o 466 by the Morse tunnel. who cleans them and god knows what happens on them.

graciegirl 07-15-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 522596)
So the contractor who comes in for lunch after sweating his ass off all day is any cleaner then the dog? And when was the last time you saw those tables wiped down between diners? And the tables under the trees in the new park just s/o 466 by the Morse tunnel. who cleans them and god knows what happens on them.

Um...what does happen on them?:wave:

skyguy79 07-15-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 522598)
um...what does happen on them?:wave:

GRACIE!!! :shocked:

Joaniesmom 07-15-2012 11:09 PM

I was in a restaurant the other day, saw a waitress wipe off the plastic bench seats of a booth and then, using the same cloth. which had not been rinsed or anything, wiped off the tabletop. I complained to the barkeeper. He looked confused and said, "So?"

The moral of this story, more or less, is you really ought to worry more about what goes on in the back of a restaurant than what you see in the front. All appropriate apologies to clean restaurants.

jane032657 07-15-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 522598)
Um...what does happen on them?:wave:

I am pleased to say that our home is next to the Live Oaks Park and I bought one of those tables in the park in memory of my dad after he died in December. I will be happy to give full reports on what goes on at those tables as we look out to them from our place, and get a pretty good view of the activity. Once we are there full time, I will take take pictures and post on all abhorrent behaviors.
Not!

ilovetv 07-16-2012 12:21 AM

The matter at hand is not whether the outdoor tables at a restaurant get dirty or stay dirty.

The o.p. is talking about people letting a dog jump up onto a dining table that does not belong to them.

This total lack of manners and consideration for other people's property is being modeled and taught to kids and teenagers who then have no respect for other people/property.

But......if the same dog had been allowed to sniff and dig and poop on a GOLF COURSE GREEN.....

Oh heavens......all of you who pooh-pooh the o.p.'s complaint would be having a "sh-- hemorrhage" about the disrespect for a golf facility, and.....

OH MY.....the dog was not wearing a collared shirt, either!!!!!

You'd be calling for the dog owner's head on a platter if it had been disrespect for golf amenities.

paulandjean 07-16-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grannynance (Post 522569)

I can understand. We where sitting in our cart at LSL watching the entertainment,next to us a gal was eating a ice cream cone. On lick for "her" one lick for the "dog". This went on until she was finished. Another lady, at LSL she would clean her dogs butt with toilet paper after he did his business.

Taltarzac725 07-16-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grannynance (Post 522486)
At my age with two heart attacks I have learned to over look things, but today I saw something that I thought was wrong and disrespective to other people. I stopped at McDonald's on 466 for a lunch (inside) while there a couple pulled up the man went inside to order and the odd thing is that the lady tried to look in the window in fact she got right up to the glass, well it kind of got my attention so I watched. The lady next sat down at a table (outside) what happen next takes the cake she had a white dog which she had jump up on the table not on the seat, but on the table. The man appeared with the order and they sat there with the dog now on the seat with his head resting on the table top and eating with them. Now folks I love dog and since a child I had a dog in fact my current dog is 16 so I am not a dog hater. It takes all kind of people to made a world, but we could have a little respect for each other. Oh yes I did report it to the manager I don't think anything was done.

I would not expect an outside table at McDonald's to be all that clean anyway with the exhaust from the vehicles on CR466 as well as the bird poop it might get from time to time. Actually, I got the impression that pooches were allowed by management at the tables outside at McDonald's.

JoeC1947 07-16-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 522669)
I would not expect an outside table at McDonald's to be all that clean anyway with the exhaust from the vehicles on CR466 as well as the bird poop it might get from time to time. Actually, I got the impression that pooches were allowed by management at the tables outside at McDonald's.

The inside tables are probably not much cleaner. What's the difference anyway?
It's not like you put your food directly on the table.

jane032657 07-16-2012 08:35 AM

I would worry more about the ramifications of what you are eating when you are at McDonalds. I think what is going on inside your body at that moment when you digest is an inner scream for help! :icon_hungry: