Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Scheduling Tee Times with non-resident guests (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/scheduling-tee-times-non-resident-guests-57503/)

George Bieniaszek 07-29-2012 11:45 AM

Scheduling Tee Times with non-resident guests

Hi Fellow Villagers!

I am new to golf this year and have scheduled a number of tee times with the electronic computer system.

I have a question regarding scheduling a 4-some where 2 people will be my guests when they stay with me in October. Other than obtaining a guest pass for them, is there anything that I need to be aware of when scheduling tee times for all of us?

I figure that in October, there won't be a demand for open tee times yet and we could get a couple of rounds in during the week. "Snowbird Season" I'm sure is a different matter.

Appreciate all your comments and any experience that you could share.

ducati1974 07-29-2012 12:20 PM

Nothing else you need to know except that their golf will not be free, of course.
Also each golfer must have their own clubs. Good luck!

Bruiser1 07-29-2012 01:11 PM

Make sure you slot " Guest" for the foursome or you could have a "moresome"

George Bieniaszek 07-29-2012 01:27 PM

Thanks for the info. One more question -- What are the fees for non-resident guests at the executive courses?

villages07 07-29-2012 01:31 PM

Prices went up July 1.

7.00 green fee and 4.00 for trail fee if they ride in golf cart so $11 total for summer rates.

If they are decent golfers it's not a bad idea to compare cost of golfing 9 on a champ course after 11 am vs exec. It's not that much more if you take your own cart. Just a thought.

George Bieniaszek 07-29-2012 01:41 PM

Thank you for the information Villages07!!

We all decided to take up golf this year so are far from being categorized as "decent golfers" but I appreciate your vote of confidence in us :) Right now, the Level 1 and Level 2 courses present just enough challenge and entertainment for us.

My brother-in-law can out-drive me off the tees but I am closer to the pin :)

Thank you again!!

justjim 07-29-2012 01:51 PM

George: Since you are new to golf, just wonder if you have been to the Good Golf School offered by TV. It is worth the time and effort.

George Bieniaszek 07-29-2012 02:15 PM

Hi Jim! I sent TV an e-mail telling them that my wife and I were interested in attending their classes in October/November when we get back. Haven't heard back from them yet. Definately want to go to get some more info and get up to speed on what to do.

Thanks!

Bruiser1 07-29-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 530467)
George: Since you are new to golf, just wonder if you have been to the Good Golf School offered by TV. It is worth the time and effort.

I concur! It's a well worth investment of time. Also You will enjoy the challenging game better playing with the knowldge gained.

You'll be better and the audience that SHARES the greens will be appreciative also.:coolsmiley:

John_W 07-30-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek (Post 530487)
Hi Jim! I sent TV an e-mail telling them that my wife and I were interested in attending their classes in October/November when we get back. Haven't heard back from them yet. Definately want to go to get some more info and get up to speed on what to do.Thanks!

They usually post an advert in the sports section of the Sun a few days prior to the class. They'll be a phone number and you just call and make a reservation. It's normally held at Colony Cottage Center, I believe it was on Thursday at 9am, lasts about two+ hours. They should have one every month, when I went August last year they had about 80 people.

I've been playing golf since 1962 so I really didn't pick up too much of anything new, but it was interesting. One thing I learned was how to leave the rake once you leave a bunker.

I really wanted to find out about the reservation system. I didn't think the woman leading that section was all that clear. My main question was what did the 'wave' times in the newspaper mean. All she had to say was it's the time that is set aside for assigning teetimes, if you request a time that's not during a wave, then it's not available. Of course once I went online and saw the available times then it was easier to understand. Maybe they should bring in a notebook computer and demonstrate the process would be helpful.

Bogie Shooter 07-30-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 531085)
They usually post an advert in the sports section of the Sun a few days prior to the class. They'll be a phone number and you just call and make a reservation. It's normally held at Colony Cottage Center, I believe it was on Thursday at 9am, lasts about two+ hours. They should have one every month, when I went August last year they had about 80 people.

I've been playing golf since 1962 so I really didn't pick up too much of anything new, but it was interesting. One thing I learned was how to leave the rake once you leave a bunker.

I really wanted to find out about the reservation system. I didn't think the woman leading that section was all that clear. My main question was what did the 'wave' times in the newspaper mean. All she had to say was it's the time that is set aside for assigning teetimes, if you request a time that's not during a wave, then it's not available. Of course once I went online and saw the available times then it was easier to understand. Maybe they should bring in a notebook computer and demonstrate the process would be helpful.

Good idea, did you share it with the instructor??

John_W 07-30-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 531097)
Good idea, did you share it with the instructor??

No, I didn't at that time because I didn't know enough about the system to realize that. She seem to spend a great deal of time talking about telephone reservations, which was enough to make your head spin and to realize it was something I would never get involved with.

ronat1 08-01-2012 07:55 AM

If anyone wants to learn about the tee time reservation system they should make it a point to pick up a copy of the "Golfing In The Villages" booklet. It describes in detail:

1. How to get a tee time
2. Distribution of tee times
3. Automated Tee Time System
4. Telephone Access
5. Inclement Weather Point Policy

They can be obtained at the championship courses and mostly all of the Executive Courses in addition to the golf administration office. It provides more precise and detailed information and how-to than you get in the class.

Also get a copy of the "Good Golf Guide". Everyone playing golf in TV should be intimately familiar with the information inside. If you apply the info & rules properly, it will provide you with the who, what, when, where & why of golfing in TV. It will also help make your round more enjoyable as well as all of the golfers behind you.

You just have to trust me on this one.

pqrstar 08-01-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villages07 (Post 530454)
Prices went up July 1.

7.50 green fee and 3.50 for trail fee if they ride in golf cart so $11 tota

l.

http://golfthevillages.com/whatsnew/...ive%20fees.pdf

According to this link executive fees are $7.00 May 1 - Oct. 31
and $11.00 Nov. 1 - Apr. 30

trail fees are $4.00 per person per round
pull carts are $1.00 per person per round

pqrstar 08-01-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek (Post 530487)
Hi Jim! I sent TV an e-mail telling them that my wife and I were interested in attending their classes in October/November when we get back. Haven't heard back from them yet. Definately want to go to get some more info and get up to speed on what to do.

Thanks!

Here is a link to the "golfing in The Villages" brochure

http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...heVillages.pdf

Also a link to "how to request a tee time"
http://golfthevillages.com/tee-times/

The complimentary Good Golf School, in which The Villages Tee Time System is discussed in depth can be scheduled by calling 750-4558