Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Did you go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/did-you-go-restaurant-thanksgiving-64527/)

Happinow 11-23-2012 08:56 AM

Did you go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving??

I was just wondering if anyone went out to dinner for Thanksgiving and where you went. Was the food good?? Planning ahead for text year!! Thanks.

ROCKETMAN 11-23-2012 09:04 AM

Went to orange blossom for the 5th year. Not fancy but turkey carved by chef and ham and beef tips plus great stuffing and a large desert table for $17.95. Glass of wine $2.10.

Taltarzac725 11-23-2012 09:36 AM

Went to Cody's Original Roadhouse this year. Other years we have tried Katie Belle's, Taverna Red, Red Sauce, and Arnold Palmer's CC. Arnold Palmer and Cody's have been the best. Taverna Red the worst.

Other Thanksgivings in the Villages I was away on business or we had family over.

cab1948 11-23-2012 10:12 AM

Went to Hacienda Country Club and it was wonderful. The had carving stations for turkey, pork, ham and prime rib plus all the fixings. The prime rib was so tender you could cut it with your fork. We are definitely going back next year.

spk7951 11-23-2012 11:21 AM

Went to Palmer Legends and it was very good. Smoked turkey with sweet potato's for $18, regular menu was also available. This is the 2nd time we have been there for Thanksgiving dinner with friends and all have enjoyed it.

marianne237 11-23-2012 11:32 AM

Went to Pasta Faire in Belleview for the 5th year. Menu has full turkey dinner, prime rib, ham, or grouper w/salad or soup, beverage and dessert. Fixed price. Cocktails seperate. Good meal, no dishes to wash; however, no leftovers to nibble..

Barefoot 11-23-2012 12:12 PM

We went to Harbor Lights in Lake Panasoffkee. Nice view and "normal" buffet selections.

Disneychix 11-23-2012 03:30 PM

Went to Mallory Country Club. Choice of Butternut Squash Soup or Salad, Turkey Dinner fresh and plentiful delicious gravy with stuffing, whipped potatoes and sweet potatoes, green beans, fresh hot rolls (I missed my squash and turnips) and pumpkin pie with whipped cream for $21.95. A little pricey but very good. Sittings were an hour and a half so no one rushed you so you could enjoy coffee after. Highly recommend it !!!

Charlestown Joe 11-23-2012 03:51 PM

Lakeside Inn, Mt. Dora...good but not great...liked Mission Inn (last year) a little bit better.

Janet & Carl 11-23-2012 04:26 PM

We went to Orange Blossom and had a wonderful dinner. This was our first Thanksgiving in the Villages and we could not have picked a better place. The food and selections were excellent and the pool area was fabulous. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner 2 weeks ago for family, so I really enjoyed going out for Thanksgiving. Since we are new in TV, any suggestions for New Year's Eve?

PJOHNS2654 11-23-2012 05:14 PM

Lakeside Inn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlestown Joe (Post 584394)
Lakeside Inn, Mt. Dora...good but not great...liked Mission Inn (last year) a little bit better.

We also went to Lakeside, not nearly as good as it was last Christmas. $108 for two with one beer and one glass of wine.