Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Doctors & Physicians (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/doctors-physicians-290/)
-   -   hip replacement (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/doctors-physicians-290/hip-replacement-66817/)

Sam Izzarelli 12-31-2012 02:12 PM

hip replacement

I am looking for a good surgeon for hip replacement in or around the Villages. Any imput recommendations??

Geewiz 12-31-2012 03:36 PM

I'm sure that this is of absolutely no help - but, Dr. Berger at Midwest Orthopedics at Rush in Chicago does a total hip replacement as outpatient surgery (typically). His waiting room is full of patients from all over the country with their luggage. He is an arrogant guy and in his case it's totally appropriate. Many of the artificial hips currently in use - he developed.
When he did my hip - all he accepted was bc/bs. A 7am replacement and you are forced to do stairs by noon or 1 pm. Out by 5pm after several long walks. Good luck - the key is movement asap and - despite the pain - ever day. Day 2 is the hardest...it's when the swelling kicks in. Take the good drugs and walk. The more you move...the quicker the swelling goes down and the better you will feel.

Madelaine Amee 12-31-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Izzarelli (Post 601885)
I am looking for a good surgeon for hip replacement in or around the Villages. Any input recommendations??

My husband is facing this surgery and after much research and talking to people who have had the hip replacement locally, we have appointments with Dr. James B. Duke, Orthopedic Surgeon, Ocala, Florida 34471 (352) 867-0444 and Dr. Joseph Richard Locker, Orthopedic Surgeon, Ocala, Florida 34471
(352) 620-1900.

We have heard excellent reports on both of these surgeons and we will make our decision based on personal preference.

He attended a seminar recently on hip replacements and the surgeon giving the seminar said the surgery is now so commonplace it is just a matter of finding someone you trust.

wine5465 12-31-2012 09:32 PM

Glad to see some suggestions. Mom went to Tampa so that will not help you but she had her hips done about one year apart but she waited so long due to being scared about the mind and being put under, etc. etc. She had surgery her last hip done in August and walks like a new person now for past two months. She is 80 and looks like the years have been rolled back for her 60s.

Good luck to you and go for it!!

NE05091 02-01-2013 09:01 PM

Dr John willams, Tri County Orthopedics. He is awesome!!!

ladylake1 02-02-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NE05091 (Post 619312)
Dr John willams, Tri County Orthopedics. He is awesome!!!

Better than awesome!!! Great credentials and a really nice guy.