Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Pickleball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/)
-   -   Where is the best place to buy a pickleball paddle? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/pickleball-334/where-best-place-buy-pickleball-paddle-67332/)

retirlib 01-07-2013 04:10 PM

Where is the best place to buy a pickleball paddle?

Where is the best place to buy a pickleball paddle?

Thnonne 01-07-2013 04:34 PM

Pickleball Paddles

Lake Sumter Landing on market night there is a pickleball vendor who is a villager and volunteers with pickleball activities so she is knowledgeable.

duffer2 01-07-2013 05:33 PM

Pickle Ball Paddles

If you want the very best and they are not that expensive you can get a custom paddle from:
Paul Porel <picklepaulpro@hotmail.com>
He manufactures them locally and fits them to you

Mudder 01-07-2013 07:03 PM

You can also buy them on the internet, a little less but then you have to know exactly what you want. The people at Lake Sumter will let you try a paddle out before you buy.

2 Oldcrabs 01-08-2013 07:37 AM

Market of Marion. Same price as vendor at Lake Sumter.

retirlib 01-08-2013 09:19 AM

Thank you. I will look for her this evening.

Crystalmar 06-21-2014 02:08 AM

HI,
THere is a retail store on 466 in the Southern Trace Shopping Center near Beef O'Brady's.
They are open 10-5 weekdays and 10-2. They also have loners and our very knowledgeable. The store is Softball's R Game.

adventure693 06-22-2014 06:41 PM

George

There is a very nice guy up in Spanish Springs who sells them out of his garage. PM me and I'll give you his number.

CFrance 06-22-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs (Post 605537)
Market of Marion. Same price as vendor at Lake Sumter.

That guy is pushy, and he says his paddles are returnable, but I tried to return one model for one that cost less, and he wouldn't give me the $ until I offered to buy a bag from him. So basically, he will only give you a store credit.

Also, he tends to push one kind of racket. He actually said to me that his wife plays pickle ball all the time and he was sure she was better than I, and she likes such-and-so type of paddle. He totally disregarded what I was telling him I wanted.

The people at LSL will let you sign out a racket and try it out. Their paddles are non returnable, but at least you've played with it.

tylrron 08-01-2014 07:43 AM

Hi could you give me the info on this guy please.
Thanks

HTing 08-01-2014 08:18 AM

Best place for Pickleball paddle

The people at softball R Game off 466 have a great selection and price. I like the fact they are open 6 days a week and have shoes and everything you need to play the game.

Ted Skolits 08-13-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventure693 (Post 897010)
There is a very nice guy up in Spanish Springs who sells them out of his garage. PM me and I'll give you his number.

I am interested in a decent paddle. I live near Spanish Springs. Can you send me info?

Crystalmar 09-28-2014 07:20 AM

Just went to the softball store to buy a paddle. They had over 20 paddles to choose from. I was confused as to what to buy so the lady suggested I take a few demo paddles to try. I did that and finally found one I liked. They have a chart, which they gave me, with all the information about the paddles. They were very knowledgeable about the paddles and not pushy at all. While I was there someone came in with a paddle they purchased. They did not like the paddle and wanted to exchange it for another paddle. Without hesitation the lady told him to pick another paddle. I would recommend the ladies at the softball store to my friends