Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Horse & Hounds Restaurants, Ocala FL (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/horse-hounds-restaurants-ocala-fl-67492/)

REDCART 01-09-2013 08:22 PM

Horse & Hounds Restaurants, Ocala FL

Not exactly around the corner, does anyone have any experience with the Horse & Hounds Restaurant? There are two locations in Ocala. The menu looks good and affordable.

Welcome to Horse and Hounds! - Horse and Hounds Restaurant

nkrifats 01-09-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gryoung (Post 606490)
Not exactly around the corner, does anyone have any experience with the Horse & Hounds Restaurant? There are two locations in Ocala. The menu looks good and affordable.

Welcome to Horse and Hounds! - Horse and Hounds Restaurant

Have been to both and enjoyed both. What I like you may not like would be my disclaimer. Enjoyed the food at both. I feel the one on Silver Springs Blvd is the better of the two.

jblum315 01-09-2013 08:49 PM

I've been to the one on Rt. 27. The "horsy" decor is quite charming. The menu is ambitious. The food is good, not extraordinary. Not cheap.

ULCHUCK 01-10-2013 12:53 AM

Been there love it. Sometimes you need to make a reservation unless you don't mind waiting.

swrinfla 01-11-2013 05:51 PM

Have been to the one on 27. Probably at least 4 years ago, so who knows what's up now? Then, it was superb, and they took special care of our party celebrating a special anniversary!

SWR
:beer3:

jbdlfan 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

Been to the one in SS, we were'nt impressed and felt it was overpriced. Just our opinion, not bashing it, just not for us.....

scrapperonce 01-16-2013 01:43 PM

Been to the one on 27...Love the ambiance; food is good though a tad pricey...Have brought guests there when exploring the Horse Farms in Ocala....Fun place

gongoozler 01-17-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbdlfan (Post 610053)
Been to the one in SS, we were'nt impressed and felt it was overpriced. Just our opinion, not bashing it, just not for us.....

Agree 100%

oxfordnative 02-04-2013 03:11 PM

Agreed, food was good, but that was years ago.

REDCART 03-08-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrifats (Post 606497)
Have been to both and enjoyed both. What I like you may not like would be my disclaimer. Enjoyed the food at both. I feel the one on Silver Springs Blvd is the better of the two.

We finally tried H&H on Silver Springs Blvd in Ocala tonight. It was approx 30 miles (a 40 minute drive) made easier with a Garmin. We were a party of four and everyone enjoyed the whole experience. At 6:15 PM on a Friday, the restaurant was full but we were seated promptly. (Would have never happened here!) Nice selection of craft beers. Service and food were excellent. IMHO, the prices were comparable to restaurants around TV (happy hour from 5-7 PM). For a change it was nice to find some place away from the bubble. It's in a very nice section of Ocala.