Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Expert about The Villages Florida Real Estate (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-about-villages-florida-real-estate-300/)
-   -   MLS or VLS (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-about-villages-florida-real-estate-300/mls-vls-68775/)

Tbear 01-26-2013 05:20 PM

MLS or VLS

I have read the thread entitled who to list with on this forum but would like to solicit some more comments. We currently have our house on the market here in the villages (we bought a larger one) and are advertising in the classified in the village sun.

If we don't sell it within a few weeks I'll be tempted to give it to an MLS or VLS agent. I have to admit that when we were looking for our next house, even though we told the vls agent we wanted pre-owned, there was clearly a hard push to buy new construction. This makes me Leary about giving our current home to a VLS agent. However, you can't argue with the fact that people who come to the villages, especially new folks, are swarmed by the vls agents.

They also are given the age old pressure tactic of ..if you don't buy this in the next three hours it will be gone forever... For new construction.

As a seller, I have a hard time not thinking that my home would be the last one to be shown and only if no new construction is available.

I would love to hear more from the folks that are or were in my shoes and what their experiences were.

The little classified ads under homes by owners are clearly swallowed up by the villages advertising with all their pictures and inserts...

graciegirl 01-26-2013 05:46 PM

We did NOT have any push toward new at all from Jim McLaughlin our rep for The Villages. He showed us a LOTof resales. He said it makes no difference. We decided on new on our own.

And I have to say that when they tell you that you have a certain number of hours, that is what you have. Incredible, but true and I bet a LOT of people agree with me on that one. View lots sold out in seven hours in Laurel Valley.

We didn't use MLS either time to buy and didn't use anyone to sell, someone talked us out of our first house in Hadley. They had heard that we were planning to build a bigger house when we moved here year 'round.

I have heard good things about Lyle Gant and know he has a GREAT website, but I have never met him.

Here is a link to the pictures of your very beautiful home and it is fairly priced to be sure. I don't think it will last long. GREAT location near Lake Sumter Landing too!

.https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...mallory-68391/

I was going to suggest you list it on here and I looked at your posts and you already did!

Barefoot 01-26-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbear (Post 615706)
I have read the thread entitled who to list with on this forum but would like to solicit some more comments.

We listed with VLS, not MLS. I think the VLS marketing is better .... daily open house ads, sales office in The Villages, trolley ride, just more visability.

Tbear 01-26-2013 07:20 PM

Thanks for your comments and including my link...!

Tbear 01-26-2013 07:21 PM

Thanks barefoot for your reply...

ilovetv 01-26-2013 09:00 PM

It's my understanding that MLS agents cannot show VLS listings. With VLS listings being far greater in number than those of MLS agencies in the area, to me that means the MLS agents cannot show the majority of the listings in TV.

And the TV agents have a huge built-in customer base to show homes to, with hundreds of people at any given time being here for the lifestyle preview plan. It's a no brainer for preview stay people to look at TV listings first, with many nice ones to choose from.

2BNTV 01-27-2013 11:31 AM

I would prefer to cover all the bases covered by having a VLS and MLS agent. I would tend to think a VLS has a larger base of people to show your home.

Cisco Kid 01-27-2013 11:42 AM

VLS MLS TV CVY LSV SS LSL

Following all of these makes my head hurt

:cryin2::cryin2:

Tbear 01-27-2013 11:47 AM

You cannot have both a vls and MLS simulataneously. Both are exclusive right to sell agreements. Having both would be ideal but no can do!!

Barefoot 01-27-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 616163)
I would prefer to cover all the bases covered by having a VLS and MLS agent. I would tend to think a VLS has a larger base of people to show your home.

2B .... You can do that when purchasing, but not when listing your home!

As a former real estate broker, I thought about trying to sell privately. But I think I got the best price by listing with VLS. We also purchased our second resale through VLS.

rayschic 01-27-2013 03:05 PM

sent you a pm

2BNTV 01-27-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 616195)
2B .... You can do that when purchasing, but not when listing your home!

As a former real estate broker, I thought about trying to sell privately. But I think I got the best price by listing with VLS. We also purchased our second resale through VLS.

Mea culpa. You learn something new every day.

Boy Howdy!!!! I love this site. :smiley:

Thanks Bare for the explanation.

janmcn 02-10-2013 11:16 AM

The thing I liked best about The VLS marketing was their virtual tours. They were always very professionaly done. However, I've noticed lately that they are not doing them, at least for the lower priced homes. Even homes for sale that had them posted previously, these tours are being taken down. Do any agents on here know anything about this?

graciegirl 02-10-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 623841)
The thing I liked best about The VLS marketing was their virtual tours. They were always very professionaly done. However, I've noticed lately that they are not doing them, at least for the lower priced homes. Even homes for sale that had them posted previously, these tours are being taken down. Do any agents on here know anything about this?

I believe that is an extra charge to the seller.

StarbuckSammy 02-10-2013 05:02 PM

I was not charged as a seller with respect to the video. I am sure the listing agent is but not the owner.