Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   Superbowl: What's on your menu?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/superbowl-whats-your-menu-69369/)

missypie 02-02-2013 04:22 PM

Superbowl: What's on your menu??

My team is NOT in the superbowl, but that does not mean I can't cook up a storm.

Making brisket sliders, stuffed potato skins, spinach artichoke dip, black bean hummus and of course chips, guacamole and salsa.

What are you making???:mmmm:

jnieman 02-02-2013 04:59 PM

Making a huge pot of chili and serving it with chopped fresh onions and a dollop of sour cream.

Maybe some wings too.

missypie 02-02-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnieman (Post 619677)
Making a huge pot of chili and serving it with chopped fresh onions and a dollop of sour cream.

Maybe some wings too.

Oh yum! Is this chili a family favorite for many years or a new recipe that caught your eye?

gomoho 02-02-2013 07:36 PM

Chili is traditional in our house on Super Bowl Sunday and this year we are trying a new recipe. Of course there will be macaroni to add, sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream and anything else I might dream up. Enjoy!

2newyorkers 02-02-2013 08:39 PM

Shrimp, pigs in a blanket, chicken, baked ziti, brownies and carrot cake. What more can you ask for on Superbowl Sunday but good friends, good food and hopefully a good game.

missypie 02-02-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2newyorkers (Post 619775)
Shrimp, pigs in a blanket, chicken, baked ziti, brownies and carrot cake. What more can you ask for on Superbowl Sunday but good friends, good food and hopefully a good game.

Love carrot cake

jnieman 02-02-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missypie (Post 619735)
Oh yum! Is this chili a family favorite for many years or a new recipe that caught your eye?

Actually this recipe came from Publix (where they give out samples). We picked up a card one day off the rack that a friend had told us about. It is the easiest and best chili I've ever made. You can get the recipe at the Publix website. It's called beef chili. It's on the same recipe card as something called crayon cakes (haven't made those).

Janet & Carl 02-02-2013 09:07 PM

GO RAVENS :sing:

Our team is in the Super Bowl. Our menu consists of: chili, BBQ, pizza, crab balls (made the Maryland way with Old Bay), deviled eggs, homemade sugar cookies in the shapes of footballs with brown icing, jerseys with purple icing and helmets with blue icing. If I have time tomorrow I will paint numbers on the jerseys and helmets. Our 10 guests are bringing dishes? I better return to Weight Watchers next week.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday Everyone,
Janet & Carl
Maryland was our home.