Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Villages News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-villages-news-82/)
-   -   Site Guidelines Update (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-villages-news-82/site-guidelines-update-69467/)

TOTV Team 02-04-2013 11:23 AM

Site Guidelines Update

Please note the following update to our site guidelines.

You must be a resident of The Villages to post in the classifieds section. We do not allow firearm and/or ammo sales on TOTV.

Thank you in advance for all your support and participation.

Classifieds:

Talk of the Villages provides a free of charge classified section where you can list your personal items for sale. You must be a resident inside The Villages Florida to post an item for sale on TOTV. No commercial listing is allowed. Only your personal items can be listed for sale. No firearms sales allowed.

graciegirl 02-04-2013 11:59 AM

I am not clear about what "our position on firearms sales" mean. Could you further explain before I stick my foot in my mouth.........again?

Thank you for maintaining this site.

It is so helpful and so much fun.

blueash 02-04-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 620546)
I am not clear about what "our position on firearms sales" mean. Could you further explain before I stick my foot in my mouth.........again?

Thank you for maintaining this site.

It is so helpful and so much fun.

Hi Gracie,
I think the answer to your question is in the bold paragraph at the bottom of the Admin post. No Firearms sales allowed. Hopefully that won't be considered a political comment as the Admin would have to remove his own posting.

TOTV Team 02-04-2013 02:30 PM

We have edited our original post for clarity.

cquick 12-28-2013 11:55 AM

how to post "sold" on an ad

I have sold several items on the "items for sale" thread. I have tried to edit the title of the post to add "sold" to the title, but I must not be doing it correctly.

Please tell me how to do it. Thanks, Connie

springfield 12-28-2013 12:29 PM

condo

we have a beach condo that we use and also rent out. Is it ok to post our condo for rent?

billethkid 12-28-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cquick (Post 802319)
I have sold several items on the "items for sale" thread. I have tried to edit the title of the post to add "sold" to the title, but I must not be doing it correctly.

Please tell me how to do it. Thanks, Connie

one cannot edit the title of a post. If you want to edit the title contact the administration and they will do it for you.

Moderator 12-28-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springfield (Post 802330)
we have a beach condo that we use and also rent out. Is it ok to post our condo for rent?

Sorry, this is not permitted.

Items are to be personal items, located here in The Villages ... furniture, electronics, décor, golf clubs, etc. Not real estate, time share, etc located outside of TV.