Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Fishing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/fishing-72252/)

BarryRX 03-10-2013 06:06 PM

Fishing

Growing up on Long Island, I used to love to go fishing out of Freeport for night blues. I haven't been fishing in many years, but last week I was visiting friends in Delray Beach and we went out on a party boat with about 35 other people. I had the time of my life and even caught a few triggerfish. Now I can't wait to do it again. Does anyone know where the best places are to pay about $40 and go out fishing for 4 hours? I've never fished in the gulf, but I would love to try it, as well as maybe heading to Daytona Beach (I figure that's closest on the Atlantic ocean side). Thanks in advance!

buggyone 03-10-2013 08:54 PM

Barry,
Check out the site called TravelZoo.com. I will attach a link to their Orlando area deals and just scroll down to the deep sea fishing deal.

ORLANDO DEALS | Hotels, Spas, Restaurants, Experiences | Travelzoo Local Deals

I have used TravelZoo for other deals and they all worked out great.

KennyC 03-10-2013 09:29 PM

Freeport!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryRX (Post 640243)
Growing up on Long Island, I used to love to go fishing out of Freeport for night blues. I haven't been fishing in many years, but last week I was visiting friends in Delray Beach and we went out on a party boat with about 35 other people. I had the time of my life and even caught a few triggerfish. Now I can't wait to do it again. Does anyone know where the best places are to pay about $40 and go out fishing for 4 hours? I've never fished in the gulf, but I would love to try it, as well as maybe heading to Daytona Beach (I figure that's closest on the Atlantic ocean side). Thanks in advance!

Yay Freeport!

BarryRX 03-10-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyC (Post 640321)
Yay Freeport!

If I remember correctly, the boats were on Guy Lombardo Avenue.

BarryRX 03-10-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggyone (Post 640304)
Barry,
Check out the site called TravelZoo.com. I will attach a link to their Orlando area deals and just scroll down to the deep sea fishing deal.

ORLANDO DEALS | Hotels, Spas, Restaurants, Experiences | Travelzoo Local Deals

I have used TravelZoo for other deals and they all worked out great.

I checked out the site and it looks like a great deal. thanks!!

KennyC 03-10-2013 09:51 PM

Almost

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryRX (Post 640323)

Well, most of the "party" boats were on Woodcleft Canal..there were some charter boats on Guy Lombardo, which once was Grove St.

It was renamed for Guy, as he had a house there, and would house his famous wood speed boat there to cruise and travel to Jones Beach Ampitheatre to do his shows.

Sage327 03-10-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryRX (Post 640323)

That is correct. Used to go fishing on Captain Lou's boat

BarryRX 03-11-2013 07:23 AM

Still looking for any suggestions around Daytona or on the gulf side.

OpusX1 03-11-2013 07:32 AM

Tarpon Springs has several head boats.

Head Party Boat On Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs FL | Dolphin Deep Sea Fishing Inc.

GulfStarfishing.com | deep sea fishing florida Gulf of Mexico offshore deep sea fishing

BarryRX 03-11-2013 09:41 AM

Just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

OpusX1 03-11-2013 11:40 AM

You're welcome.

Richard1366 03-12-2013 09:49 AM

In Tampa there is a fishing pier that used to be part of a bridge that was demolished but is now used for fishing. Cheaper than a boat, apparently a lot of great fish are caught there.

KennyC 03-12-2013 04:38 PM

Me too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy327 (Post 640339)
That is correct. Used to go fishing on Captain Lou's boat

Hi Kathy
I actually worked on Capt Lou , if you could call it that when I was a young boy.
I became friends with Lou's son, and would cut bait, serve beer, untangle lines, and gaff fish....for free passage....It was awesome!

The canal that all of the boats go out of is Woodcleft Canal...the adjacent streets are Woodcleft Ave, which is THE Nautical Mile, and the other side is Guy Lombardo.

Both were pretty devastated by Sandy, and are being rebuilt.