Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Clubs of the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/)
-   -   Women only clubs? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/women-only-clubs-72320/)

FloridaShrimp 03-11-2013 01:01 PM

Women only clubs?

There are many clubs for a specific reason- hobby, interest, home state, sports, golf- but are there any clubs like a "Women Only- No Men Allowed club" ?- for example- for women who want to socialize without the men for dinner, movies, antiquing, shows? I am married and therefore wouldn't fit in in a singles club but would like some female friendships and activities that don't revolve around the men and golf. "Ya Ya Sisterhood" maybe?? I moved in last September and am looking for a club for women just to socialize. ideas? Thanks

hansel 03-11-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaShrimp (Post 640606)
There are many clubs for a specific reason- hobby, interest, home state, sports, golf- but are there any clubs like a "Women Only- No Men Allowed club" ?- for example- for women who want to socialize without the men for dinner, movies, antiquing, shows? I am married and therefore wouldn't fit in in a singles club but would like some female friendships and activities that don't revolve around the men and golf. "Ya Ya Sisterhood" maybe?? I moved in last September and am looking for a club for women just to socialize. ideas? Thanks

Sounds like a good idea to me, I'm game. (married, female 66)

Applepie 03-11-2013 01:53 PM

How about The Red Hat Society

Applepie 03-11-2013 02:07 PM

Do you play golf. I have many girl friends I have meet playing golf twice a week. We alway go to lunch after golf. And if it is too hot or too cold to play we sometimes go to the movies or to lunch

l2ridehd 03-11-2013 02:16 PM

Didn't I see something out there that now that was illegal? Discrimination of gender? Seems Augusta National fell to that issue just a couple years ago.

graciegirl 03-11-2013 02:44 PM

I like all kinds of groups and love our girls golf groups...and our couples golf too.

Lionel Sally 03-01-2014 09:57 AM

how did you make out with this club, I would be interested. Being new to the villages and a Snowbird; I would like to meet some ladies, even just to go and have a coffee once in a while?
hindssally@gmail.com

Lauren Sweeny 03-02-2014 06:43 PM

I am also looking to expand my circle of friends. How about a movie or just have a bunch of us get together for iced tea and dessert,( I am diabetic but a chocolate lover) Depending on number of responses we can meet my house or take suggestions for a place. Ladies of Leisure

msbrit 03-02-2014 07:03 PM

The Juliets (Just Us Ladies Into Every Thing) is a large member driven group for women (married or single). If you would like to join please PM me for further information. There are various activities such as lunch, cards, trips etc.

salpal 03-03-2014 09:14 AM

Juliets

To expand on previous post about Juliets -- Just Us Ladies Into Everything

We are a group, not a club, which means no meetings, dues or agendas. A newsletter goes out bi-monthly listing events - example: meet for lunch, a movie, dinner, a play, etc.....

To get on the mailing list: email: Christi.mathewson@gmail.com. Send her your email, phone, village and where you were originally from...that's it.