Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Bloomberg's ban on large sodas overturned!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/bloombergs-ban-large-sodas-overturned-72376/)

Heartnsoul 03-12-2013 07:28 AM

Bloomberg's ban on large sodas overturned!!

was sooooo happy to hear Bloombergs attempt to tell us all what we can and cannot drink was overturned. Nobody is more of a "healthcare" advocate than me but talk about stupidity?? lol We don't need Nanny Bloomberg telling us what to drink or eat. Let's be responsible for our own health and decisions. and of course he wants to remove the salt from the table so now you have to ask your waitress to bring it and also the sugar.
it would go on and on and on.....

I'll continue to eat healthy and if you choose not to, than that is YOUR choice. These folks need to stay out of our homes and out of our LIVES!!

2BNTV 03-12-2013 08:04 AM

Although it's more healthy not to drink such large soda's, Bloomy overstepped his bounds on this one. IMHO

gomoho 03-12-2013 08:13 AM

One small step for mankind.

Mack184 03-12-2013 08:18 AM

Nanny Bloomberg got his butt soundly kicked by the courts. It's a beautiful day in America!

Have you ever bothered to find out how much soda is really in one of those large cups? If the restaurant fills it for you, there's usually somewhere between 10-12 ounces of soda and the rest is...ICE! Of course if you fill the cup yourself your mileage may vary and you'll ned to contact your dealer for details.

Patty55 03-12-2013 08:55 AM

Such a dweeb, he should worry about himself, IMO he don't look too great.

skip0358 03-12-2013 09:36 AM

Now I'd like to see the beverage companies sue him court. They spent a ton of money redoing bottle sizes, machine modifications and retooling equipment. Not to mention the restaurants and delis etc. that ordered the new cups and glasses. Gov't is getting to much time getting in residents businesses. JMO:MOJE_whot:

Parker 03-12-2013 10:02 AM

Strap on your seatbelt. I have a feeling a lot of things are gonna be regulated and re-regulated and regulated again. Not that there's anything wrong with that :shrug:

janmcn 03-12-2013 10:09 AM

Something has got to be done about the obesity epidemic in this country, obviously the personal responsibility aspect is not working.

Perhaps insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid should just stop insuring people who are overweight.

gomoho 03-12-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 641141)
Something has got to be done about the obesity epidemic in this country, obviously the personal responsibility aspect is not working.

Perhaps insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid should just stop insuring people who are overweight.

Wow does that open a can of worms... how about smokers, people who eat red meat, people who won't eat their veggies, people who drink, people who don't exercise, people who exercise too much. Our country is about freedom and God help us the day someone can say what our personal choices should be - though I think we're getting close.

billethkid 03-12-2013 06:09 PM

not to worry...we live in an environment where laws and regulations are nothing more than arm waving....not enforced...or enforced to a convenience....so don't worry just do what makes you happy!!!

btk

Cisco Kid 03-12-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 641271)
not to worry...we live in an environment where laws and regulations are nothing more than arm waving....not enforced...or enforced to a convenience....so don't worry just do what makes you happy!!!

btk

So true, but it feels good

janmcn 03-12-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 641267)
Wow does that open a can of worms... how about smokers, people who eat red meat, people who won't eat their veggies, people who drink, people who don't exercise, people who exercise too much. Our country is about freedom and God help us the day someone can say what our personal choices should be - though I think we're getting close.

Your automobile insurance will be canceled if you have too many infractions or too many accidents. Your homeowners insurance will be canceled if you have a sinkhole or too many claims. Where is the freedom there?

Public policy has consequences. Look how the attitudes toward smoking have changed over the past few decades.

wendyquat 03-12-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

As a matter of fact, my doctor did mention that out of pocket fees could rise according to your BMI!

cbg150 03-12-2013 08:15 PM

I live in NYC and the defeat of this legislation makes me sad. Perhaps Bloomberg over-reached, and the legislation could have been better crafted, but his heart was in the right place! Now the beverage companies are manipulating public opinion, but they remain greedy and uncaring. What people don't realize is that you can't even get a smaller drink these days. Thirsty at the movies, I tried to get a sip of something to quench my thirst but the smallest drink available was 32 ounces (for a premium price too!) I remember when Coke used to come in 7 oz bottles and it was a special once in a while treat that you savored. Try to find a 7 ounce bottle now! It is not a coincidence that this bigger is better mentality coincides perfectly with the obesity epidemic. People wake up! Stand up for children and sensible living, not these selfish corporate interests!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommy steam 03-12-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

:BigApplause: I agree.