Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf Cart, 2 or 4 seats? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-cart-2-4-seats-72583/)

MR&VAF 03-14-2013 05:26 PM

Golf Cart, 2 or 4 seats?

I did search this, but I didn't come up with anything. So I apologize in advance if I'm repeating a topic.
We have been looking at new and used golf carts. We are wondering whether we should go with a 2 seat or 4 seat cart? We are not sure how much company we will have, but we expect our children and grandchildren a few times a year. Your thoughts please...

BettyCrocked 03-14-2013 05:31 PM

We're getting one of each. But if I had to choose only one, I'd go 4 seater.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 03-14-2013 05:33 PM

We are going through the same thing. We have a cart but were thinking about a four seater for when we have company. We also thought that a cart with a flip rear seat might be nice for transporting stuff.
We are now considering buying a second two seater which seems like it would be a better idea. When my wife and I are doing different things and going in different directions, we would not have to use the car. When company comes we have four seats. It's just that the four seats would be on two different carts.

DougB 03-14-2013 05:59 PM

We decided to go with both. A two seater for when it just my wife and I and a four seater for when our grandkids or friends come up. If I had to choose between one or the other, I would have to go with a four seater just because it gives you the option of transporting more when needed.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-14-2013 08:24 PM

Another angle: If you're only planning on having one cart and visitors will only come a few times a year, you could buy a 2-seater and rent either another 2-seater or a 4-seater when the visitors are in town.

We thought through the same thing as well and ended up buying a 2-seater. When friends come to visit, we all ride around together in the car.

Bill :)

uujudy 03-14-2013 08:40 PM

We thought a 4-seater was the way to go, but we have a villa, and a 4-seater wouldn't fit. We bought a 2-seater, and when we have company for an extended time we just rent another 2-seater. It works great! The guests LOVE driving their own golf cart, and the guys can go golfing while the gals go elsewhere. We don't all have to go together, or we can all go to the same place in 2 carts. The guests absolutely love having their own golf cart. Who knew?

Kimandhim19981@gmail.com 03-14-2013 08:58 PM

We had a 2 seater for the longest time, just bought an additional 4 seater, definitely recommend having both (if in your budget).

rjm1cc 03-14-2013 09:03 PM

Why not get a 4 seater? I would get the flip seat version. I do not see a down side unless you just don't like the looks.

obxgal 03-14-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uujudy (Post 642320)
We thought a 4-seater was the way to go, but we have a villa, and a 4-seater wouldn't fit. We bought a 2-seater, and when we have company for an extended time we just rent another 2-seater. It works great! The guests LOVE driving their own golf cart, and the guys can go golfing while the gals go elsewhere. We don't all have to go together, or we can all go to the same place in 2 carts. The guests absolutely love having their own golf cart. Who knew?

That's exactly what we do. That way us girls can go shopping while the guys are golfing. We pay for the rental but have them put it in their name. That way we're not responsible if our guest have an accident.

bluedog103 03-14-2013 09:35 PM

If you get a four seater check out the way golf bags mount. Some 4 passenger carts are a pain in the a** for holding golf bags.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 03-14-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm1cc (Post 642334)
Why not get a 4 seater? I would get the flip seat version. I do not see a down side unless you just don't like the looks.

The extra weight reduces your mileage.

Barefoot 03-14-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR&VAF (Post 642224)
We have been looking at new and used golf carts. We are wondering whether we should go with a 2 seat or 4 seat cart? We are not sure how much company we will have, but we expect our children and grandchildren a few times a year. Your thoughts please...

Definitely a 4 seat cart.

Sweetgirl 03-15-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 642300)
Another angle: If you're only planning on having one cart and visitors will only come a few times a year, you could buy a 2-seater and rent either another 2-seater or a 4-seater when the visitors are in town.

We thought through the same thing as well and ended up buying a 2-seater. When friends come to visit, we all ride around together in the car.

We have both 2 & 4 seater Yamaha Gas Carts. I like Bill-N-Brillo's idea going with the 2 seater to start with and renting as needed. You are probably looking at having friends or family down for a week at a time? Check out a good rental place and the cost. Over time if you still think a 4 seater would be beneficial and you're ready to add, I'd recommend Carts & Clubs in Ocala http://www.cartsandclubsocala.com/ I'd also recommend not purchasing a 4 seater electric cart. We had the new 4 seater Club Cart. 4 adults going up hill not good. Quicker batter drain. Batteries lasted 3yrs before needing new. We ended up switching to gas and are very happy. Good Luck to you.

Golfingnut 03-15-2013 03:45 AM

One cart = 4 seater
Two cart = one of each

MR&VAF 03-15-2013 05:01 AM

Thanks for all your great replies. Keep them coming. We originally thought we would buy electric but we have decided now that we will definitely be buying a gas one. Will the golf stores haggle with you like car sales people do? We are leaning towards buying right here at The Villages as well.