Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Westons Smoke House (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/westons-smoke-house-72658/)

doran 03-15-2013 12:47 PM

Westons Smoke House

Yesterday we had lunch at Westons Smokehouse--Great Food, they just opened their doors--and to our surprise we found" A Real California Decorated Bistro"--
The owners are from Southern California "just like us" They are great people with a wonderful Resturant--just like we enjoy" Food was great--service great as well--We are going to try their prime rib tomorrow for dinner--soon they will have live entertainment--on the weekends--Tracy Smith plays guitar--he also owns Landscape Productions
Weston's Smokehouse
1210 N. Main Street--Wildwood--352-748-9378
Beer and wine is also served

Give them a try --you will be glad you did! Their BBQ sauce was greattttttt

Eddie and Susan

MicheleE 03-15-2013 08:46 PM

Went there tonight for dinner. Food was mediocre at best - still such a new place so I would wait a little while before checking it out. Let them work out the kinks. NOT worth the hefty prices they charged and the food was not so wonderful. The owners are VERY nice though....but that won't make the food better. Wouldn't go back.

oxfordnative 03-19-2013 10:50 AM

I felt like the prices were ok, because the sandwich I had was HUGE. But, the sandwich flavor was just not "spot on".

SoccerCoach 04-26-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicheleE (Post 642892)
Went there tonight for dinner. Food was mediocre at best - still such a new place so I would wait a little while before checking it out. Let them work out the kinks. NOT worth the hefty prices they charged and the food was not so wonderful. The owners are VERY nice though....but that won't make the food better. Wouldn't go back.

We were there for dinner tonight. Nice clean somewhat small place. Keep in mind everyone has an opinion, some nice, some harsh. We had the pulled pork sandwich and sides. It was great, moist, a nice flavor, hot, and service was quick. Be aware the lunch menu prices are less than evening, no problem. Owners are extremely pleasant and accomadating. Only been open 6 weeks, so they are progressing, nicely. We'll be back!

Papa 04-27-2013 04:25 AM

Weston Grand Opening ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerCoach (Post 667115)
We were there for dinner tonight. Nice clean somewhat small place. Keep in mind everyone has an opinion, some nice, some harsh. We had the pulled pork sandwich and sides. It was great, moist, a nice flavor, hot, and service was quick. Be aware the lunch menu prices are less than evening, no problem. Owners are extremely pleasant and accomadating. Only been open 6 weeks, so they are progressing, nicely. We'll be back!

We were at Westons 2 days ago and the owner said that an hour earlier they had just finished their Grand Opening with the local businessman. They must feel that they are ready. This was our 3rd visit since we liked the food previously. This time was different. The ribs were so dry that it was hard to cut the meet even with a knife. The wings were small and tough. Not what we expected at all. We were quite disappointed. We spoke to the owner as we left, and provided our constructive criticism. She just had a surprised look on her face. We will wait a couple of months before we try them again. Too bad... our previous 2 meals were awesome.

under55 07-26-2013 06:39 PM

the worst meal any of the 4 of us have ever had.

Bill32 07-26-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by under55 (Post 714898)
the worst meal any of the 4 of us have ever had.

details?

jblum315 07-26-2013 08:31 PM

Let me just say that there are three other BBQ places close by, all of which are much better than Weston's. IMHO.

buggyone 07-26-2013 10:35 PM

I will stick to Oakwood for their ribs and to Sonny's for pulled pork.

Both are great places!

Trish Crocker 07-27-2013 11:50 AM

We have gone there a couple of times and I must say the pork chop was absolutely delicious. We will definitely put them on our list of places to return to!

robertwbusby 04-02-2014 02:03 PM

Food And Prices Are Good

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicheleE (Post 642892)

As you mentioned at the strart any smoke house is going to have some issues, but those issues are worked out quickly. TWestons is a great place to eat, you should try them once more, they just made it past their year open and are doing well. I like the food, taste, look and smell as well as talking with the owners most days or nights I eat there.

kittygilchrist 04-30-2014 08:58 PM

Went to Westons for a fly by sort of visit. Had a delicious bean soup for $3 and brought home a pound of pulled port for $12. Loved the bbq sauce and soup highly flavored with garlic and I think, cilantro. Beautiful, quiet ambience. Have a table for 20 already set up.
Located on 301 just north of the bridge that must go over the train tracks...North from 44 or 466a (take 462 north from 466a during construction) , south on 301 from 466.

champion6 05-01-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 871045)
Located on 301 just north of the bridge that must go over the train tracks...North from 44 or 466a (take 462 north from 466a during construction) , south on 301 from 466.

It's on 301, SOUTH of the railroad overpass - T Weston's Smokehouse, 1210 N Main St, Wildwood.

rdhdleo 05-01-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 871045)
Went to Westons for a fly by sort of visit. Had a delicious bean soup for $3 and brought home a pound of pulled port for $12. Loved the bbq sauce and soup highly flavored with garlic and I think, cilantro. Beautiful, quiet ambience. Have a table for 20 already set up.

Kitty how was the Pulled Pork? That's one of my husbands favorites,we'll have to give then a try! Thanks for the review!

kittygilchrist 05-01-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdhdleo (Post 871293)
Kitty how was the Pulled Pork? That's one of my husbands favorites,we'll have to give then a try! Thanks for the review!

I don't eat it often enough to judge. I was impressed that the place has been open a year, belongs to a local couple, and has won numerous county awards for their bbq. i'll bet that's not an easy contest to win around here.