Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Dishwasher Questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/dishwasher-questions-73044/)

asianthree 03-19-2013 07:58 PM

Dishwasher Questions

The dishes are still wet after the dishwasher dry cycle...Have to be hand dryed...This is a 2 month old whirpool..called warranty dept and they directed me to whirpool, who told me that if i did not use jet dry the dishes would still be wet...any thoughts or comments

Scoops 03-19-2013 08:02 PM

I have been experiencing the same problem but I have not reached out to GE yet. I will try Jet Dry and see if it improves.

rjm1cc 03-19-2013 08:27 PM

I would check a few time during the drying cycle to make sure the heating element is on. You should feel a lot of heat when you open the door.

tommy steam 03-19-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 645241)
The dishes are still wet after the dishwasher dry cycle...Have to be hand dryed...This is a 2 month old whirpool..called warranty dept and they directed me to whirpool, who told me that if i did not use jet dry the dishes would still be wet...any thoughts or comments

Try using jet dry or finish .The manufactures recommends it. The instruction will tell you to use that stuff to insure proper drying..I put it on normal, than heat dry and dishes are dry when it's done. Some of coffee cups might have a birt of moisture on top. The normal cycle is a long cycle. The 1hr wash cycle does not work as well drying dishes .

Sable99 03-20-2013 12:18 AM

I agree with Tommy. Our dishes in our new Whirlpool dishwasher in Michigan were always wet until we started usung Jet Dry. I couldn't believe the difference.

jblum315 03-20-2013 04:50 AM

you should not have to buy Jet Dry or any other product. Try setting the machine on "pots and pans" or whatever gives you a longer cycle. The dishwasher should take about 2 hours start to finish, if it's shutting down sooner it may not have done the drying cycle. If it's doing the drying it will be really hot when you open the door. If it's not then there's something wrong with the machine and Whirlpool will have to fix it

JB in TV 03-20-2013 11:48 AM

I'm not a fan of using the drying function, as it must use alot of extra electricity to 'toast" the dishes dry. We turn the (new Whirlpool) dishwasher on after dinner using the ECO button above "Heat dry" and at bedtime, it has long finished. Before going to bed, we open it up and roll out the racks to air dry. In the morning, they are dry. We have never used Jet Dry, and have clean, dry spot free dishes and glasses

Rbgold 03-20-2013 12:06 PM

I had an LG repair call for our LG dishwasher in NJ. He was coming to check out a couple of minor issues, but also told me that
-water has to be a certain temp,
-there needs to be some amount of soil on the dishes
-proper amt of detergent
-Jet dry
All these components apparently work together to clean your dishes.

getdul981 03-20-2013 12:46 PM

We don't use Jet Dry (anymore). Since we have had the water softener, we just open the door after the wash cycle and let the dishes air dry. No spots and we can put plastic on the lower rack now since the heating element for drying isn't being used.