Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Fla University Professor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/fla-university-professor-73239/)

Heartnsoul 03-22-2013 12:21 PM

Fla University Professor

A Florida Univ Professor made his students write the name JESUS on a piece of paper and then made the students STOMP on the paper. One student refused and was expelled.

Now what do you think would have happened if the students were told to write Mohammad on a piece of paper and stomp on it and a Muslim student refused.

l2ridehd 03-22-2013 12:34 PM

I hope when he left he went to the nearest attorney. I would own that school before I was finished.

renrod 03-22-2013 12:39 PM

News

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartnsoul (Post 646659)
A Florida Univ Professor made his students write the name JESUS on a piece of paper and then made the students STOMP on the paper. One student refused and was expelled.

Now what do you think would have happened if the students were told to write Mohammad on a piece of paper and stomp on it and a Muslim student refused.

That would be the lead story on the national news. Care to give some credibility to your claim?

ilovetv 03-22-2013 12:44 PM

For one thing, without going "political" which would be shut off here, the instructor seems ill-prepared and seriously lacking in terms of teaching methodology and instructional techniques at the university levee. And he lacks insight!

This is a good example of why students, taxpayers and parents protest giving tenure to people who have a PhD and research publications, but have never had even 2 credits of teaching methodology/techniques from the 30+ credits every grade and high school teacher is required to take for licensure.

Here's the instructor's bio.
School of Communication & Multimedia Studies

2BNTV 03-22-2013 12:53 PM

I think there is something seriously wrong with this professior.

What was he thinking?

Maybe he wasn't thinking!!!!

Whatever point he was trying to make could have be done in a tasteful way.

Just sayin....

Villages PL 03-22-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 646678)

Whatever point he was trying to make could have be done in a tasteful way.

Just sayin....

I agree. What probably got lost in all of this is what the point was. For example, the point may have been that the name "Jesus" written on a piece of paper is not actually Jesus. It's still just a piece of paper.

Cisco Kid 03-22-2013 01:38 PM

FAU student suspended for not 'stomping on Jesus' - UPI.com

Heartnsoul 03-22-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renrod (Post 646670)
That would be the lead story on the national news. Care to give some credibility to your claim?

Are you kidding me?? The media would NEVER make this the lead story. Are you familar with the media and their objectives?

Heartnsoul 03-22-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages PL (Post 646683)
I agree. What probably got lost in all of this is what the point was. For example, the point may have been that the name "Jesus" written on a piece of paper is not actually Jesus. It's still just a piece of paper.

well then why didn't we write Mohammad on a piece of paper??

Heartnsoul 03-22-2013 01:41 PM

would you stomp on the American flag to prove it's a flag??? NEVER same with Our God !!

Heartnsoul 03-22-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid (Post 646693)

thanks for posting

capecodkev 03-22-2013 01:56 PM

so much for seperation of church and state.

Monkei 03-22-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartnsoul (Post 646694)
Are you kidding me?? The media would NEVER make this the lead story. Are you familar with the media and their objectives?

Which media are you talking about? There appear to be two of them.

Monkei 03-22-2013 02:07 PM

I just stomped on the name Buddha on a piece of paper.

justjim 03-22-2013 02:21 PM

Media?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkei (Post 646707)
Which media are you talking about? There appear to be two of them.

A number of different media----my "gut" tells me that there is a lot more to this story than what I've read up to this point in time.