Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   executive golf tee times (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/executive-golf-tee-times-73301/)

eweissenbach 03-23-2013 04:01 PM

executive golf tee times

We have been here since February 1 and my friend and i have played an average of five rounds a week on the exec courses. We were concerned with all the new residents and only one additional exec course about getting tee times. As it turns out we have only been denied a time on three occasions. We always request a time frame that includes the earliest possible tee time and a preference around 8 am with thirteen courses. I got my son in law on three times as a guest at around 8 am. I am relating this to reassure those who are concerned about the ability to get on the execs this time of year. I think the key is a willingness to play early which is our preference anyway. BTW we have had some cool mornings but haven't missed a round yet.

another Linda 03-23-2013 06:04 PM

Our experience has been the same, but we go at it in a little different way. 3 days before we want to play, I choose from the unassigned tee times. There are always plenty to choose from in the early morning, but we usually prefer to play at 4pm or after -- plenty to choose from there too. We also play 4-5 times a week, either just the 2 of us or with guests. There has never been a time that we couldn't get on somewhere. Our goal this winter has been to play all of the execs with the exception of a couple of the 1-rated courses (we did play Turtle Mound) and Palmetto which we had heard was too new and a little bare looking. We are now going back and playing our favorites. Wonderful!!!!

gomoho 03-23-2013 08:16 PM

So if you want to play at 8am in the cold or 4pm when the day is winding down you're set; however, if you want to be retired and not have to do anything early or later you're not set. Works for some, not for others.

villagerjack 03-23-2013 08:34 PM

If you play 3x a week, you can get your preferred T time, almost all the time. No where else on Gods earth can this happen, except here, in the Villages.,

Pat_RI 03-23-2013 09:07 PM

I was down visiting the last 10 days and was able to golf all 10 without issue. Golfed anytime from 8:30 am to 4pm. Just call day of.

justjim 03-23-2013 09:43 PM

You can get tee times

I agree with several previous posts that you can get tee times here in TV. The often heard "I can't get a tee time" is really a myth. :ho:

mickey100 03-24-2013 06:22 AM

The tee time situation appears to be much better than it has been in previous years - I imagine because they've added a number of executive courses in the past year or two. Hopefully they'll continue to add as the population increases.

mulligan 03-24-2013 06:28 AM

Amazingly, only 1 exec was added in the last 2 years. Palmetto opened last fall.

gjbl8114 03-24-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 647175)
We have been here since February 1 and my friend and i have played an average of five rounds a week on the exec courses. We were concerned with all the new residents and only one additional exec course about getting tee times. As it turns out we have only been denied a time on three occasions. We always request a time frame that includes the earliest possible tee time and a preference around 8 am with thirteen courses. I got my son in law on three times as a guest at around 8 am. I am relating this to reassure those who are concerned about the ability to get on the execs this time of year. I think the key is a willingness to play early which is our preference anyway. BTW we have had some cool mornings but haven't missed a round yet.

Ummmmmmmm - 5 times a week? Dosen't seem as though you have an issue here!!!! Just think if every resident golfer played 5 times a week how much access would be available to occasional golfers? Perhaps you should consider heading north of 466 where there are always openings? Or, better yet, it sounds as though you need a Championship course membership. I think you are already getting your money's worth on the executive courses... Don't you???

Gerald 03-24-2013 08:44 AM

It is not up to anyone but the player as to how many times they want to play or where. It is a fact that the more you play the harder it is to get a spot to play again. That is how the computer system works. When the snow birds are here it is harder to get a spot but those that are here full time know that by May there is no problem until the next time the snow birds come again. There is about a four month period when it is harder to get on an executive course. Personally there is so many things here in the villages to do that I would not have the time to just golf. Relax I suggest and enjoy all of what the villages has to offer.

iaasah 03-24-2013 08:47 AM

We play six/seven days a week and only grab open times between 10 and 3 and have had no problem, we even get 4 spots at times and invite friends.

gomoho 03-24-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iaasah (Post 647516)
We play six/seven days a week and only grab open times between 10 and 3 and have had no problem, we even get 4 spots at times and invite friends.

Are you in TV located in central Florida??? You must be living right!

eweissenbach 03-24-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjbl8114 (Post 647494)
Ummmmmmmm - 5 times a week? Dosen't seem as though you have an issue here!!!! Just think if every resident golfer played 5 times a week how much access would be available to occasional golfers? Perhaps you should consider heading north of 466 where there are always openings? Or, better yet, it sounds as though you need a Championship course membership. I think you are already getting your money's worth on the executive courses... Don't you???

WTH PROVOKED THAT RESPONSE? I was trying to be positive about the ability to get tee times. I am quite delighted and content I am getting my money's worth. Thanks for your concern.

Bay Kid 03-24-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 647683)
WTH PROVOKED THAT RESPONSE? I was trying to be positive about the ability to get tee times. I am quite delighted and content I am getting my money's worth. Thanks for your concern.

We are suppose to play everyday...that is what we were told when we moved here.... Plus how am I going to meet everyone in TV! Great golf w/great people!!!