Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Under 55 Residents (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/under-55-residents-73334/)

niftynanna 03-24-2013 08:10 AM

Under 55 Residents

I was recently told there are 3 villages that allow families with children to live in TV provided they own a business or work for a business in TV. Their children can go to the Charter School and these 3 villages are located near family pools. Is this true?

skyc6 03-24-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niftynanna (Post 647474)
I was recently told there are 3 villages that allow families with children to live in TV provided they own a business or work for a business in TV. Their children can go to the Charter School and these 3 villages are located near family pools. Is this true?

Yes, that is true. I think you can also use The Villages schools if the parents work at least 20 hours in the Villages.
I know one of the neighborhoods is located behind Target, and there are 2 more.

I don't know about being near family pools, but as your guests, they can use the family pools with some restrictions.

graciegirl 03-24-2013 08:29 AM

Family pools are for residents and their family members.

The Villages you speak of are NOT part of The Villages and do not pay amenity fees and cannot use OUR amenities .

Anyone can buy there. I'm pretty sure. Help?

Bogie Shooter 03-24-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

I question if this is true. Can't anyone buy in those villages?

delima2000 03-24-2013 08:43 AM

Anyone can buy in those villages but the schools have rules. You can not use our amenities. You can use your golf cart to travel to stores and the town squares.

niftynanna 03-24-2013 08:45 AM

In the 3 Villages located in TV are the houses rentals or purchased by the families? If they are in TV and purchase the house, why are they NOT part of TV and therefore pay amenity fees? I'm new here and this was the first that I heard of it. I don't have a problem with it, just curious.

graciegirl 03-24-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niftynanna (Post 647510)
In the 3 Villages located in TV are the houses rentals or purchased by the families? If they are in TV and purchase the house, why are they NOT part of TV and therefore pay amenity fees? I'm new here and this was the first that I heard of it. I don't have a problem with it, just curious.

You can buy and maybe rent from an owner in these villages but if you live there it is NOT part of The Villages. At least one village was built by the developer for families who would possibly work here, The others are owned by other people.

These villages are NOT part of TheVillages. They are NEAR, but not IN. Contiguous but not part. Convenient but not a member.

Here is a thread on this subject that may help. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...illages-70065/

duffysmom 03-24-2013 10:28 AM

NO ONE can be a resident of TV if they are under the age of 19. :clap2:

As mentioned the villages you refer to are NOT a part of TV and do not have access to any of the amenities. This is a SENIOR COMMUNITY. Sorry for the shout out but it's something I feel strongly about.

niftynanna 03-24-2013 11:18 AM

Thanks for info, sorry if this is a sore topic, only asking since I hadn't heard it before.

billethkid 03-24-2013 11:39 AM

it is a mis-nomer to call them "villages" because they are not. It is not in the title of the subdivision. They may look like TV homes (now I wonder why that could be?).

They are no different than any other non villages residents when it comes to using TV facilities.

Answer to the question? It is not true.

btk

Bogie Shooter 03-24-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 647636)
it is a mis-nomer to call them "villages" because they are not. It is not in the title of the subdivision. They may look like TV homes (now I wonder why that could be?).

They are no different than any other non villages residents when it comes to using TV facilities.

Answer to the question? It is not true.
btk

Thanks for the confirmation.

pqrstar 03-24-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Yes, there happens to be 3 COMMUNITIES near THE VILLAGES built by the developer. But they are located OUTSIDE of THE VILLAGES property.

Anyone can purchase these homes. (or possibly rent there)

There are no restrictions as to age or requirements of employment with The Villages.

However, children who live in these communities must have a parent employed by The Villages or employed by the various commercial properties located within The Villages in order to attend the Charter School.

These communities do not share any amenities provided within The Villages.
Some of these communities may have a pool or meeting room.

Arctic Fox 03-24-2013 12:09 PM

re your thread Title:

a certain number of people under 55 can buy in The Villages

Cantwaittoarrive 03-24-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 647491)
Family pools are for residents and their family members.

The Villages you speak of are NOT part of The Villages and do not pay amenity fees and cannot use OUR amenities .

Anyone can buy there. I'm pretty sure. Help?

This is also my understanding

DAWN MARIE 03-24-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Fox (Post 647660)

a certain number of people under 55 can buy in The Villages

Yes, I was 46 when I moved here. There's a 80/20 rule that allowed for that to happen although there was a debate about my moving here. I'm still not old enough to live here some say.