Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Liver & Onions Second Poll (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/liver-onions-second-poll-73366/)

CFrance 03-24-2013 12:58 PM

Liver & Onions Second Poll

Here is the second poll, about dates for the L&O dinner. I chose a Tues., Weds., or Thurs. because the restaurants I talked to could work with a large group better on those days. I also chose month & date when the crowds will have thinned out.

CFrance 03-24-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 647686)
Here is the second poll, about dates for the L&O dinner. I chose a Tues., Weds., or Thurs. because the restaurants I talked to could work with a large group better on those days. I also chose month & date when the crowds will have thinned out.

Note to all: I left both polls open for 7 days. I will keep bumping them.

CFrance 03-24-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

bump

CFrance 03-24-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 647689)
Note to all: I left both polls open for 7 days. I will keep bumping them.

bump

CFrance 03-24-2013 05:02 PM

bump

CFrance 03-24-2013 06:51 PM

bump

Taltarzac725 03-25-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Liver and onions? Hope they do not run out. :1rotfl:

senior citizen 03-25-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 648101)
Liver and onions? Hope they do not run out. :1rotfl:

I laughed at your post.......however, it was one of my mom's and my stepdad's favorites.........it was even served at their senior citizen center.

I would make it for my mom when she came to live with us. It smells great when you are prepping it by first soaking the calves liver in milk.....then frying up the bacon so that you can saute the flour coated calves liver in the bacon fat........first of course, saute a big mess of vidalia onions.....

Serve with mashed Yukon Gold potatoes...........

So, liver and onions and mashed potatoes........way back when, the elders loved it.

My husband would not touch it. My thought has always been that the liver is the organ that detoxifies stuff in your body.

CFrance 03-25-2013 07:01 AM

bump

senior citizen 03-25-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 648138)
bump

Is bump good or bad? Liver does have iron....

Back in the olden days, people didn't waste a scrap of the animals.....

CFrance 03-25-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senior citizen (Post 648144)
Is bump good or bad? Liver does have iron....

Back in the olden days, people didn't waste a scrap of the animals.....

Bump is used to keep a thread going. I have to bump it to keep the poll showing up so people who haven't voted wil have a chance.

CFrance 03-25-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Okay, 10 of you have voted on a date, but only 8 of you have voted on a place! Does that mean the other two don't care where?

So far it's Toojays on Weds.

George1938 03-25-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfrance (Post 647686)
here is the second poll, about dates for the l&o dinner. I chose a tues., weds., or thurs. Because the restaurants i talked to could work with a large group better on those days. I also chose month & date when the crowds will have thinned out.

good choices. My wife loves l & 0. Will it be calves liver?

Can the husband order someting else please, pretty please.

2BNTV 03-25-2013 03:32 PM

Count me out. :yuck:

CFrance 03-25-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George1938 (Post 648443)
good choices. My wife loves l & 0. Will it be calves liver?

Can the husband order someting else please, pretty please.

One restaurant, I think the last one inn the poll, said their liver was veal liver. Isn't that the same as calf?

And yes, non liver-loving spouses and S/O's are invited, although they may want to bring clothespins along...