Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Travel Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/)
-   -   Paris (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/paris-73380/)

Seasidetown 03-24-2013 02:20 PM

Paris

Looking for a hotel in central Paris for nov. of this year - moderal pricing

or an apartment to rent.--- any recommendations

salpal 03-24-2013 03:57 PM

hotel

Great location in Latin Quarter - Comfort inn on Rue Mouffetard. Not cheap but not super expensive. The metro is a block from hotel. Restaurants and shops are within steps of front door. Ask for a room toward to back to avoid street noise. Rooms are basic and larger than most European hotel rooms (that is not saying much) The main reason to stay here is the location.

CFrance 03-24-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salpal (Post 647838)
Great location in Latin Quarter - Comfort inn on Rue Mouffetard. Not cheap but not super expensive. The metro is a block from hotel. Restaurants and shops are within steps of front door. Ask for a room toward to back to avoid street noise. Rooms are basic and larger than most European hotel rooms (that is not saying much) The main reason to stay here is the location.

I second that, though we've never stayed there. But rue Mouffetard is awesome. It is one of the market streets of Paris. We used to walk there, to shop and have lunch, from the 11th, visiting an English-language bookstore on the way (pre Kindle days).

Also, I don't know what you mean by moderate, but try Relais Saint Sullpice in the 6th arrondissement. It's very quiet and lovely. Hotel Relais Saint Sulpice - Charming 3 Star Hotel - Paris VI

We've had good luck renting apartments in Paris on **** and Flipkey, which is part of trip Advisor. We have a lovely 1 br rented in the rue Mouffetard area for the first two weeks of October, and I believe it is available in November still. Let me know if you want info. Nice thing about that is you can shop the street markets and bring the lovely food items home to the apt to eat. I'd take an apartment in Paris any day over a hotel. Eating out all the tie we're over there is a drain on my metabolism.

Seasidetown 03-26-2013 06:07 PM

paris apartment

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFrance (Post 647848)
I second that, though we've never stayed there. But rue Mouffetard is awesome. It is one of the market streets of Paris. We used to walk there, to shop and have lunch, from the 11th, visiting an English-language bookstore on the way (pre Kindle days).

Also, I don't know what you mean by moderate, but try Relais Saint Sullpice in the 6th arrondissement. It's very quiet and lovely. Hotel Relais Saint Sulpice - Charming 3 Star Hotel - Paris VI

We've had good luck renting apartments in Paris on **** and Flipkey, which is part of trip Advisor. We have a lovely 1 br rented in the rue Mouffetard area for the first two weeks of October, and I believe it is available in November still. Let me know if you want info. Nice thing about that is you can shop the street markets and bring the lovely food items home to the apt to eat. I'd take an apartment in Paris any day over a hotel. Eating out all the tie we're over there is a drain on my metabolism.

thank you, would appreciate the information on the apartment- we have never been to paris and do not have a clue where to stay. We will be spending one week in paris then taking a viking river cruise down through the normandy area. thanks for your help

FloridaShrimp 07-01-2013 09:50 AM

Paris

I just saw your inquiry and by now you may have found a place to stay. Have been to Paris 11 times and stayed in different arrondissements (neighborhoods) and types of lodging. For a week, an apartment is best as you can eat meals there and not have to get dressed for breakfast. I found great apartments on **** and Drawbridge to Europe. Look at Citadines which is a bit pricey but on the bank of the Seine. I look for one that is central so that I can walk and also close to a metro line. The metro gets pricey to use a lot and I prefer to be central and walk everwhere using the metro for more outlying areas but not to get back and forth from where we stay to the heart of the city. We have stayed in the Marais, 3rd arrondissment with good restaurants and grocery stores and metro stops, walking to Notre Dame; in Germain des Pres, 6th arrondissement- restaurants, groceries, Musee d'Orsay, walk everywhere; Latin Quarter, 5th, a bit busier and touristier , look closer to the Seine. Personally I would avoid the Montmartre area and the area around La Madeliene as it is too commercial without good reasonable restaurants. On our last trip we stayed for a week in an apartment behind the Orsay, 2 blocks from the Seine and could walk everywhere- with our son and his family and then we stayed a week in a hotel near Le Louvre- La Normandie with a good breakfast. (Our son had left and the apartment with 2 bedrooms was too expensive for us to stay in as we wanted to stay an extra week.) If you haven't already booked, and would like to talk, send a reply. Bonne chance et bonne voyage.