Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Home Watch, lawn care/service HELP (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/home-watch-lawn-care-service-help-73566/)

dorot5 03-26-2013 05:06 PM

Home Watch, lawn care/service HELP

We just had our closing on Nutwood in Pinellas. Any recommendations for home watch, lawn care services (mowing, spraying, etc.) We will be down in April. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

janeg 03-26-2013 05:12 PM

Hello and welcome to TV. We bought a place in Fernandina and haven't stayed in it yet but that changes Sunday when we finally come down for vacation! We have used P T L pest-termite-lawn and have been very happy with them. they have mailed us detailed notes each month of what they did and how much they used to spray. Phone # 352 307 7484. We are switching home watch companies when we get down and don't know who will take it over.
Maybe we will meet sometime. enjoy your new home!

Jane Garrison

dorot5 03-26-2013 05:24 PM

Thanks Jane,
Congrats on your new house. Our first night stay will be april 13th. Can't wait.
It seems so hard to line everything up when we are not there. However, all the people in TV seems very helpful with information.

CaptJohn 03-26-2013 05:28 PM

:welcome: to the TOTV forum. If you'll do a search on here you'll find a lot of threads addressing your questions and many opinions.

Barefoot 03-26-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorot5 (Post 649133)
We just had our closing on Nutwood in Pinellas. Any recommendations for home watch, lawn care services (mowing, spraying, etc.) We will be down in April. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'll send you a PM with the names of our recommendations. Also, the Search button above allows you to search previous threads on these topics.

Rickg 03-26-2013 07:22 PM

We bought in Fernandina and will be down Thursday for the. First time. Need to find lawn care etc. only vacation home for now :(

Livingthedream 03-26-2013 09:30 PM

Welcome. Here's a few recommendations.
Your property guardian- Jeremy-352/593-0555. Very nice guy.
He also has contacts with a landscaper that does spraying and mowing.

Good luck with your move.

Mitzih 03-27-2013 01:15 PM

PTL Services and Empty Nest have been very good for us since last October. They both provide detailed monthly reports which have been a wonderful way of living in our new home vicariously until we can move. I highly recommend both services.

ny2pa2fl 03-28-2013 12:34 PM

We also have used PTL and received their reports. Trouble is, we came down just 4 days after they said they weeked to find the flower beds covered in weeks. I'm not sure I trust that they are doing what they say.