Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Plantation Shutters (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/plantation-shutters-73614/)

JPC55 03-27-2013 10:04 AM

Plantation Shutters

I know there are advertisements for plantation shutters on this forum. What do folks recommend based on quality and cost ? Who did you use ? Thanks for the advice. Sorry, realized I posted this on the wrong page. Still a "newbee" LOL

2 Oldcrabs 03-28-2013 08:35 AM

48 Hr Blinds

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPC55 (Post 649455)
I know there are advertisements for plantation shutters on this forum. What do folks recommend based on quality and cost ? Who did you use ? Thanks for the advice. Sorry, realized I posted this on the wrong page. Still a "newbee" LOL

48 hr blinds installs very nice Plantation Shutters. TOTV advertiser. Owner's name is Rick. PH # 352-330-7310. Leave a message if he does not answer. He is very busy because he is good.:MOJE_whot:

mikeandnancy1112 03-28-2013 09:11 AM

Blinds 4 Less is wonderful. Great price, service and very dependable.

JPC55 03-28-2013 09:38 AM

Thanks for the response

Thank you , we will call both ! We are closing on 4/8 and want to line this up .. Can't wait to get to the Villages.. We are excited!

John_W 03-28-2013 01:59 PM

May of 2012 we called 48 Hour Blinds a couple of times, only got their voice mail. After waiting one week for a call back that never came we went to Blinds 4 Less. They have an actual showroom on 27/441 south of 466 behind Mon & Dads Italian Restaurant.

We had Norman Shutters at our home in Baltimore and really liked the look. Even though they are faux, when compared to actual wood shutters they look better. Blinds 4 Less carries Norman Shutters but they take 8 weeks to arrive since they are make in China. We could of installed shutters in about three weeks if we had gone with a local company out of Orlando, but since we had been in our home for a year, we didn't see the hurry. Plus Norman Shutters are cheaper and we knew what we were getting since we had them up north. Their prices include installation, we are in a CYV and had 4 windows done, 3 large windows and 1 kitchen window installed and it cost $1800 total.

JPC55 03-28-2013 02:19 PM

thanks John! I will have my wife look into that.. Good luck with the O's this yr coming from a Yankee fan LOL.. I think the O's are on the upswing and Yanks on the down swing but who knows.. We are closing on the 8th of April, stop by if you are in the area - 775 Abaco Path.. Sanibel..

Jim

shalomuall 03-28-2013 08:22 PM

we used 48 hr Blinds, came as soon as we closed and had the key and we had our shutters a short time later. The only one that took longer was the window for our front bedroom because of the shape.
Great job.

Joanned 03-28-2013 08:29 PM

Rick

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs (Post 649904)
48 hr blinds installs very nice Plantation Shutters. TOTV advertiser. Owner's name is Rick. PH # 352-330-7310. Leave a message if he does not answer. He is very busy because he is good.:MOJE_whot:

Rick did a great job on my house and while he may be difficult to reach, keep trying he's worth it! And he was on time the day of my settlement so we could sleep with privacy

John_W 03-29-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPC55 (Post 650064)
thanks John! I will have my wife look into that.. Good luck with the O's this yr coming from a Yankee fan LOL.. I think the O's are on the upswing and Yanks on the down swing but who knows.. We are closing on the 8th of April, stop by if you are in the area - 775 Abaco Path.. Sanibel..

Jim

Since Buck has come on the scene we've had a decent team. Until last year I forgot what it was like to make the playoffs. Hopefully last year was something the O's can build on.