Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Attic fan installation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/attic-fan-installation-73727/)

Rdrnr 03-28-2013 06:06 PM

Attic fan installation

Does anyone know a GOOD roofer and electrician. I want to install two attic fans in my house.:MOJE_whot:

Trish Crocker 03-28-2013 08:50 PM

We just had Solar Guys install a solar fan in ours.

tag460 03-28-2013 09:38 PM

Solar Guys are the way to go we had two fans installed for $1,403 tax included.

Waynecarla 03-28-2013 11:38 PM

We had Solar Guys install two solar fans,They did an excellent job,they are coming back next week to install two solar tubes.Nice people to deal with.

mac9 03-29-2013 01:08 AM

Another vote for Solar Guys.

Parker 03-29-2013 05:05 AM

We have 3 solar tubes by the Solar Guys and they are great. However, when a family member had his installed and was also going to get an attic fan, the home inspector said the fans were essentially a waste of money as they don't change your energy usage much. But again, the solar tubes are fantastic in both houses!

graciegirl 03-29-2013 06:25 AM

I have read this forum for six years now and never heard anything but good stuff about Solar Guys. They must have installed thousands of Solar tubes for light and fans in attics. Don't they advertise on here?

It sounds like Bob is much less expensive and we know him to be a hard working person who did an excellent job on his floor himself.

Although we haven't availed ourselves of their services, I have NEVER heard anything but positives about Solar Guys. Same with Rick from 24 hour blinds and Tim the Tool man for the pull down stairs.

Some contractors just stand out as very fine after reading this forum day after day for years.

mfp509 03-29-2013 07:13 AM

I have a solar fan installed by Solar Guys a few years ago and I am having an attic vent, the decorative octagonal style, installed on the peak of my garage (patio villa) next week.

TheSolarGuys 03-29-2013 07:26 AM

Thank you all for your kind words and recommendations for our company. We strive to offer our customers not only the best service but the best products as well. If you have any questions you are welcome to give us a call at 866-669-5259 or visit www.TheSolarGuys.com You can also visit our local showroom which is located 1 mile south of The Market of Marion on 441. We also offer free in-home consultations to see exactly what situations your home is dealing with.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-29-2013 12:01 PM

If you're outsourcing the job to a business, make sure they're a licensed contractor with the appropriate insurance, etc. in place to cover any issues that might crop up. And you'll want to make sure they get (or you get) the proper permit(s) necessary for the installation.

Bill :)

SpicyCajunPugs 04-14-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solar Golf Carts (Post 650340)
I suppose they are an option,
we have a solar unit made by Honeywell that is $275 each installed.

No new vent holes in the roof and the panel(s) will have the correct solar orientation.

So that would be $550 Vs. $1403.

TAX? there is no tax on solar in Fl see here

Are you aware that you are eligible for a 30% tax credit on that purchase?

So two fans would cost if purchased from us $385 after credit.

Form

If it's anything to do with solar, we're in the know - at reasonable prices.

.And Village residents

Hi Bob, we sent you a PM...We are interested in the solar fans you install so if you could get back to us about it we would appreciate it. Thanks

Marcy and Bruce Snell (SpicyCajunPugs)

Paperboy 04-14-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpicyCajunPugs (Post 659523)
Hi Bob, we sent you a PM...We are interested in the solar fans you install so if you could get back to us about it we would appreciate it. Thanks

Marcy and Bruce Snell (SpicyCajunPugs)

Go SOLAR & go with the Solar Guys!

gomoho 04-14-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker (Post 650344)
We have 3 solar tubes by the Solar Guys and they are great. However, when a family member had his installed and was also going to get an attic fan, the home inspector said the fans were essentially a waste of money as they don't change your energy usage much. But again, the solar tubes are fantastic in both houses!

For the life of me I can't understand how removing that God awful, stifling heat from the top of your house wouldn't help with your ac. Will you recover the cost??? maybe, maybe not, but it certainly has to help.

pooh 04-14-2013 06:20 PM

The Solar Guys installed three solar tubes and two attic fans for us. They did a great job.

SpicyCajunPugs 04-14-2013 08:14 PM

A little competition couldn't hurt !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperboy (Post 659526)
Go SOLAR & go with the Solar Guys!

Hey, Bob is my neighbor and friend and has tons of solar knowledge. I know the solar guys are well liked and popular, but a little price competition sure couldn't hurt in the Villages, and will definitely not hurt our pocketbooks. Give him a chance and let him advertise his solar offerings just like the solar guys do, please. :coolsmiley: