Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Friends who didn't like The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/friends-who-didnt-like-villages-73732/)

kit9240 03-28-2013 07:44 PM

Friends who didn't like The Villages

Has anyone had friends/family who didn't like The Villages?

DougB 03-28-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kit9240 (Post 650217)

Not possible.

sjdjmd 03-28-2013 08:34 PM

The only time I've ever heard this was when someone was close to their family "back home" and couldn't imagine living here.

villagerjack 03-28-2013 08:44 PM

NO!

Mr. Grampi II 03-28-2013 08:54 PM

Everybody we have ever brought here ended up buying a home here.....

cquick 03-28-2013 09:11 PM

We had some friends visit this winter.....4 different couples.
One couple is planning to buy, two couples were unimpressed by the lifestyle and the size of the area (and they don't know each other). The last couple were unsure, but they want to visit again.

The Great Fumar 03-28-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Actually I did but as they are now in psychiatric care it doesn't seem worth mentioning........
As I remember they did like dogs too.

Fumar ( mr. warmth ),,,,,,,,, :ho:

Bill-n-Brillo 03-28-2013 09:15 PM

kit, I think you'll find some people who won't/don't like the physical size of TV - the place IS humongous compared to any other 55+ community. It's certainly not the place for everyone...............otherwise all of the other 55+ communities would be vacant! :D

Bill :)

Dayzee 03-28-2013 09:20 PM

Hubbie's ex-boss told him that he and his wife visited TV before purchasing their current Florida home and found it to be 'OVERLY CONGESTED'. We also have close friends who have told us they would never live in a place like TV. To each their own - but they just don't have a clue.

ilovetv 03-28-2013 09:24 PM

Yes. People who think their grandchildren will die without them there (as if the adult kids the grandparents raised are incompetent).

bluedog103 03-28-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Yes

Yankee Quilter 03-28-2013 09:41 PM

We just moved from a very small, but building, over 55 ranch community in the Atlanta area. 2years ago, a woman moved in, attended one get together and told my husband, she moved out of TV as it was very unfriendly ..... We never saw her at another event, and neighbors near her said she refused any invites to do anything ... So is it the or the individual???

kit9240 03-28-2013 09:42 PM

I posted this because I just had a best friend from high school. This was not her first visit. These are her thoughts:
-Houses are like development/track homes
-Hates Fox News playing throughout the square
-Thinks parades are dumb
-Thinks golf carts are silly
-Not interested in golf
-Not interested in live music at the squares

ilovetv 03-28-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kit9240 (Post 650296)
I posted this because I just had a best friend from high school. This was not her first visit. These are her thoughts:
-Houses are like development/track homes
-Hates Fox News playing throughout the square
-Thinks parades are dumb
-Thinks golf carts are silly
-Not interested in golf
-Not interested in live music at the squares

This was a guest in your home?

As Ben Franklin said, "Fish and house guests stink after three days".

Ohiogirl 03-28-2013 09:53 PM

we have friends who don't like TV

they are pretty much horrified by the thought of ANY retirement community - they recently bought in a family development (all ages) in Venice. Have their own pool and they do have retired and non-retired friends in the area, so maybe they will like it. Different strokes for different folks.

We like it here in TV. We have a relative retired in Ft Myers, in a retirement community, and they are bored - want to move here when/if the housing market there recovers and they can sell their house close to what they paid for it. They looked here - briefly - when TV was much smaller, about 9-10 yrs ago. Didn't pay much attention to the lifestyle, just how much house you could get for your money.