Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   DO you think the restaurants read this? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/do-you-think-restaurants-read-73750/)

crummybuttons 03-29-2013 07:17 AM

DO you think the restaurants read this?

We all have complaints about quite a few restaurants in The Villages. I was wondering how many of the Restaurants actually read these reviews about them. Also, if you have a complaint, do you make it known to the restaurant? Maybe we should tell them about talk of the villages...

nitehawk 03-29-2013 07:25 AM

Be my guest ---- Go for It

DougB 03-29-2013 08:13 AM

I think it would be best to address your complaint with the manager of the restaurant and allow them the opportunity rectify the situation. I would much rather read on this forum positive remarks than complaints.

Bill-n-Brillo 03-29-2013 11:56 AM

If you've got an issue with any business, the best route to an effective resolution is always going to be to take it to them directly at that point in time. Posting it here without giving the business the opportunity to address it first has never made sense to me.

Bill :)

DonH57 03-29-2013 12:08 PM

I whole heartily agree. Restaurant management can't know there's problems unless customers complaln or compliment the establihment. We always give feedback when we go out to eat.

batman911 03-29-2013 12:20 PM

My experience with local vendors is that they are aware of TOTV and, from discussions I have had with some of them, do monitor what is said about their businesses. I would if I owned a local business, just to keep in touch with my customers.

Uptown Girl 03-29-2013 01:05 PM

There's probably a few thousand of us on TOTV. I don't think we all have restaurant complaints.

Skip 03-30-2013 11:43 AM

Margarita Republic

Ron and Sandy of Margarita Republic could care less. He was quoted as saying "What do the critics know about running a good restaurant!"

Just think about that statement for a while.

Skip

Parker 03-30-2013 12:32 PM

Critics are one thing, customers a whole different thing. Surely an owner would care about them.

Bogie Shooter 03-30-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker (Post 651171)
Critics are one thing, customers a whole different thing. Surely an owner would care about them.

Yes, if you share your concern with the owner, rather than post on a public blog.
BTW, a Google search will bring up postings on TOTV...........you are posting for the world to see.

spruillie 03-31-2013 08:59 PM

Red Sauce

Ate at Red Sauce on 3/25. Asked for "House cabernet". We weren't told that the only house, happy hour, red was merlot, so got a glass of wine which cost twice as much. We ordered Red Snapper. It could not be cut with a fork. We told the server. She asked if we wanted to talk to the manager; we said no (thinking that was her job). Was not removed from the bill although we did not eat it. Then I went to the website and sent an email to the manager: no response. Not the way to run a restaurant!!

DougB 03-31-2013 09:38 PM

So, the server offered to get the manager for you. You told her no, and now you are complaining nothing was done???

graciegirl 04-01-2013 03:47 AM

Boy Howdy and oh for pete's sake.

I am not a gourmet and I don't hail from "the city" so I am NOT an expert on food. I am a girl from Ohio who knows how to cook fairly well and I say this in defense of most of the restaurants here in TV. It is mostly decent food at decent prices and mostly incredibly good service from mostly seasoned staff who must have to bite holes in their tongues some days.

And thank heavens we have the money to pay for it in the company of friendly folks in lovely surroundings.

AND we can still enjoy the pleasures of the table.AND we don't go hungry.

If it is under par, speak to the manager. That is very good advice, Bill.

Uptown Girl 04-01-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spruillie (Post 651850)
Ate at Red Sauce on 3/25. Asked for "House cabernet". We weren't told that the only house, happy hour, red was merlot, so got a glass of wine which cost twice as much. We ordered Red Snapper. It could not be cut with a fork. We told the server. She asked if we wanted to talk to the manager; we said no (thinking that was her job). Was not removed from the bill although we did not eat it. Then I went to the website and sent an email to the manager: no response. Not the way to run a restaurant!!

Sounds like the server followed your direction exactly as you presented it to her.
In any restaurant that has a happy hour, the selection will be limited. Otherwise people will be asking for things like Dom Perignon. Using the word 'house' is no indicator that you mean happy hour. Sorry.

Wherever you go next, it might be helpful to ask if Cabernet (or whatever) is included in the happy hour selections. Most often it isn't.

Sorry you didn't like the fish. But after complaining, then turning down the offer of assistance, leaving it on your plate is no indicator that you expected it to be removed from your bill. Not in ANY restaurant.

I did go onto their website.... found a way to post a rating, but didn't find any email address for the manager.

Bogie Shooter 04-01-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spruillie (Post 651850)

Also not the way to deal with a complaint!