Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Good-bye (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/good-bye-73754/)

OldDave 03-29-2013 07:38 AM

Good-bye

I haven't been posting anything lately because we have moved our search for our retirement dream to Texas. I won't bother with listing the reasons.

After considering a dozen places in Florida, including TV, and a half dozen places in Texas, and discarding Arizona because it's too hot and too dry. You'd almost think it's a desert. We will be moving to Sun City Texas next year.

Before I go I wanted to take a few minutes to say goodbye to the wonderful people I've met on TOTV. Many of you have really been great friends and a great resource and support group for me for the past year. I will never forget your kindness. I just want you to know how very much I appreciate you all.

I feel like I should say something to the few other people here who I've taken issue with on occasion. However, I cannot think of a positive way to do it, so I'll just say goodbye to one and all and wish you all the very best.

Dave

tainsley 03-29-2013 07:41 AM

Happy trails Old Dave. I wish you happiness and good health!

gomoho 03-29-2013 07:46 AM

Best of luck in your new adventure - Texas is awesome and I'm sure you'll love it.

Love2cruise 03-29-2013 08:11 AM

Good luck to you. We lived in Texas for many years and I really loved it there. I actually wanted to go back there to retire, until we found TV. I hope you like TexMex food, I miss that!

graciegirl 03-29-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldDave (Post 650404)
I haven't been posting anything lately because we have moved our search for our retirement dream to Texas. I won't bother with listing the reasons.

After considering a dozen places in Florida, including TV, and a half dozen places in Texas, and discarding Arizona because it's too hot and too dry. You'd almost think it's a desert. We will be moving to Sun City Texas next year.

Before I go I wanted to take a few minutes to say goodbye to the wonderful people I've met on TOTV. Many of you have really been great friends and a great resource and support group for me for the past year. I will never forget your kindness. I just want you to know how very much I appreciate you all.

I feel like I should say something to the few other people here who I've taken issue with on occasion. However, I cannot think of a positive way to do it, so I'll just say goodbye to one and all and wish you all the very best.

Dave

I am so sad to hear this. I enjoyed your sage posts.

stuckinparadise 03-29-2013 08:18 AM

Good luck to you and I'm sure you will be happy in Texas.

CFrance 03-29-2013 08:19 AM

Sorry to see you go, Old Dave. I too enjoyed your posts. Good luck and health and happiness to you.

sjdjmd 03-29-2013 10:37 AM

Good Luck as you transition!

Bill-n-Brillo 03-29-2013 11:45 AM

Dave, hope it all works out well for you in TX. Thanks for taking the time to post this..........and to post everything you did all along the way.

Congrats -
Bill :)

quirky3 03-29-2013 11:50 AM

Good luck, OldDave! I really enjoyed your posts!

graciegirl 03-29-2013 12:47 PM

Don't stop posting!

You still are one of us. A grown up with our own very interesting perspectives.

So many of us enjoyed your posts and I thought perhaps you were ill. I am relieved that you have decided to search other places and are not sick.

Many of our favorite posters don't live HERE.

Please jump in on anything you want to say.

We may still capture you for ourselves. ;)

Hugs,

Gracie.

CaptJohn 03-29-2013 01:02 PM

:agree: with Gracie.
Keep posting. Tell us about Texas when you get settled there. Would be an interesting diversion from the usual.

rubicon 03-29-2013 01:19 PM

Old Dave, I would love to hear about Sun city TX and why yyou chose Sun City.

COgolfer 03-29-2013 01:20 PM

:agree: with Gracie, too!

As someone who is just starting to explore possible retirement communities, ToTV is the best place I've found to see discussions on all of the considerations for choosing a new place to live.

I'd be very interested in hearing more about Sun City Texas - it is on my radar, but don't have any immediate plans to visit there. My wife is willing to consider Florida, but is reluctant to think about Texas. I'm trying to be open to all possibilities at the moment.

janmcn 03-29-2013 02:00 PM

Good luck, Old Dave. Nobody can say you didn't do due diligence before making your decision. You probably know more about TV than most Villagers. Keep us posted.