Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Toscani's - WOW! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/toscanis-wow-73768/)

Tweety Bird 03-29-2013 09:12 AM

Toscani's - WOW!

If you want flavor, garlic and Italian opera - this is the place to go!!! We had about 5 of us at their "new" soft opening. By "new", I mean tablecloths, white dishes that show off the color of a variety of pastas and sauces of YOUR choice. More garlic? They gave it! The staff is competent and they are excited about their NEW table service. Fresh salmon and pork chop was the special of the day. The pizza? LOTS of toppings and generous. The aroma of this place is great. I will definitely return, especially with extended family coming in. What kid doesn't like pasta and pizza???? :ho: Hats off to the three owners of this place!!!

2BNTV 03-29-2013 10:12 AM

WOW - Nice review. I'll have to put that on my list of places to try.

I love pasta but the salmon is a great choice too. :smiley:

BTW - I thought Pia Toscano was a WOW contestant on Ameriacn Idol.

bhoward 03-29-2013 10:42 AM

Is this in the same location as the deli? Mulberry shopping center?

rayschic 03-29-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhoward (Post 650555)
Is this in the same location as the deli? Mulberry shopping center?

Yes

skyguy79 03-29-2013 01:15 PM

They will also deliver. We're in Hadley and have had several deliveries since moving here. They just charge us a little extra because of the distance we are from their restaurant. Unfortunately, we've cut back ordering from there because their Taramasu is simply just too good to resist ordering!

rubicon 03-29-2013 01:22 PM

Toscani's chooses Opera over Frank?????????????:1rotfl:

ugotme 03-29-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 650655)
Toscani's chooses Opera over Frank?????????????:1rotfl:

Give me Frank and Dean ANYTIME !!!!

:sing:

shcisamax 03-29-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 650650)
They will also deliver. Unfortunately, we've cut back ordering from there because their Taramasu is simply just too good to resist ordering!

UU OH...now you have my attention. Do they make authentic tiramisu or "their" version?

graciegirl 03-29-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweety Bird (Post 650490)
If you want flavor, garlic and Italian opera - this is the place to go!!! We had about 5 of us at their "new" soft opening. By "new", I mean tablecloths, white dishes that show off the color of a variety of pastas and sauces of YOUR choice. More garlic? They gave it! The staff is competent and they are excited about their NEW table service. Fresh salmon and pork chop was the special of the day. The pizza? LOTS of toppings and generous. The aroma of this place is great. I will definitely return, especially with extended family coming in. What kid doesn't like pasta and pizza???? :ho: Hats off to the three owners of this place!!!

Tweety! REAL singers? Are YOU gonna sing there? I hope?

skyguy79 03-29-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shcisamax (Post 650704)
UU OH...now you have my attention. Do they make authentic tiramisu or "their" version?

Quite frankly I can't answer that question. I probably wouldn't know authentic from "their" version if you explained authentic to me. I only know that I like it and I didn't like tiramisu when I first tried it way back whenever, and that was well into adulthood. You probably got to try it to see for yourself. They price it by weight so you can probably try a small amount at first. They pack it into a small styrofoam container (like a takeout dinner salad) that I'd guess would be about 4-5" square. You could try asking for it to be roughly one quarter or one half the capacity of the box. If you order for delivery from there, ask for their latest menu be delivered with your order. There's no online menu that I know of.

Tweety Bird 03-29-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 650721)
Tweety! REAL singers? Are YOU gonna sing there? I hope?

hahahaha Gracie..I'm a eatin'!

Tweety Bird 03-29-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 650650)
They will also deliver. We're in Hadley and have had several deliveries since moving here. They just charge us a little extra because of the distance we are from their restaurant. Unfortunately, we've cut back ordering from there because their Taramasu is simply just too good to resist ordering!

Yes, I've also had Toscani's deliver. I had a large gathering...and thought...gee, 3 extra large pizzas! Ordered a clam pizza..which is to die for and two other different ones. I made my own Caesar salad for the crew and they were happy as "clams". LOL. By the way, regarding tipping, these guys drive 20 minutes to get to my house. That's 40 minutes shop time and I give a generous tip. They are using their own gas ya know.

shcisamax 03-29-2013 06:18 PM

If they are doing it by weight it must be reallllllly good. Real tiramisu is made with ladyfingers, marscapone cheese sugar, cocoa and espresso. There is just nothing like it.

skyguy79 03-29-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweety Bird (Post 650816)
Yes, I've also had Toscani's deliver. I had a large gathering...and thought...gee, 3 extra large pizzas! Ordered a clam pizza..which is to die for and two other different ones. I made my own Caesar salad for the crew and they were happy as "clams". LOL. By the way, regarding tipping, these guys drive 20 minutes to get to my house. That's 40 minutes shop time and I give a generous tip. They are using their own gas ya know.

TB, do you order bird seed pizza for yourself? BTW, I too give the delivery person a nice tip!

PennBF 03-29-2013 09:01 PM

Where

Where is Toscani. Would really like to try it. Notes make it sound worthwhile.
:thumbup: