Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Gallbladder update (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/gallbladder-update-73832/)

Dreamer61 03-29-2013 08:58 PM

Gallbladder update

Hi everyone. After what seems like forever I've found out that my GB is not functioning normally and surgeon suggest removal which by the way is scheduled for Monday April 1st. Our LSV is scheduled for Thursday April 4th! The doctor said if I feel up to it I can fly and everybody recovers at their own pace. So I'm just gonna see how it goes. I've been looking forward to this trip for a while now and pray everything goes smoothly! BTW, I've been really sick for two weeks so I can't postpone the surgery :(

geri317 03-29-2013 09:32 PM

I had my gallbladder removed and went home from the hospital the same day. I think you will be fine to travel, maybe not ready to do cartwheels, but okay to travel if you take it easy. Good luck with your surgery and your upcoming visit to the Villages!

senior citizen 03-29-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer61 (Post 650912)
Hi everyone. After what seems like forever I've found out that my GB is not functioning normally and surgeon suggest removal which by the way is scheduled for Monday April 1st. Our LSV is scheduled for Thursday April 4th! The doctor said if I feel up to it I can fly and everybody recovers at their own pace. So I'm just gonna see how it goes. I've been looking forward to this trip for a while now and pray everything goes smoothly! BTW, I've been really sick for two weeks so I can't postpone the surgery :(

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery......
Enjoy your lifestyle visit.........think positively.

mfp509 03-30-2013 05:05 AM

Good luck with the surgery - I've been thinking about you and watching for an update. Thank you for letting us know - I hear the surgery is much easier today and I do know people who have had it and their recovery was quick. Take care and I know you will do well.

capecodkev 03-30-2013 05:41 AM

Good luck Monday, I know everything will go well and I will see you next Sunday so you better take it easy between Monday and then.

graciegirl 03-30-2013 07:33 AM

Don't drag any heavy luggage.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and welcome home.

Take good care. Wishing you every happiness.

Dreamer61 03-30-2013 09:09 AM

Oh my, thanks Gracie, I hadn't thought about that!! And thank you for the welcome home! Thats sounds sooo nice to hear! Can't wait to meet you all one day. Thank you my friends! HAPPY EASTER ;-))

vj1213 03-30-2013 09:18 AM

Had mine out ...went home right afterward. I was sore especially when trying to get up...but other than that was fine. A friend of mine had hers out about a year ago...she stopped and picked up a burger on the way home. :ohdear:
Wishing you the best!

Big47moe 03-30-2013 09:43 AM

Had mine removed.............. metal staples used. If you are flying you may want to get a letter if metal staples are used to get past the TSA. Good luck with the surgery!

Dreamer61 04-02-2013 02:51 AM

15 hour post GB surgery

Well I had no idea this was major surgery but its probably just as well I didn't as I went into it thinking positive. And still do btw. Can't sleep at the moment. I've been taking pain medication every 4 hours and resting in between and praying that I can still make the trip. I'm going to keep my faith that if this is Gods will than ill be there to meet my soon to be new family. Everything in his timing. Back to resting and will keep you all posted :pray:

capecodkev 04-02-2013 03:55 AM

Good to hear that everything went well. I know you will be fine to travel by Friday. You may not be doing much dancing Sunday night at SS but you will be where its warm at least. See you Sunday night.

senior citizen 04-02-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer61 (Post 652474)
Well I had no idea this was major surgery but its probably just as well I didn't as I went into it thinking positive. And still do btw. Can't sleep at the moment. I've been taking pain medication every 4 hours and resting in between and praying that I can still make the trip. I'm going to keep my faith that if this is Gods will than ill be there to meet my soon to be new family. Everything in his timing. Back to resting and will keep you all posted :pray:

All the best wishes for a speedy recovery......however, if one of us was in your shoes......I'd just postpone the lifestyle visit by one month.
Take time to heal fully.

The airport ordeals will not be easy if you are still "sore" or in pain.
Ditto for the luggage, getting the rental car, etc.

One more month will lead to a "new you" better able to cope with the demands of travel and enjoy all that The Villages has to offer. I'm sure they would understand at the office and give you a new "date" for the Lifestyle visit. May is still nice in Florida.

In any event, no matter what your decision is........speedy recovery.

mfp509 04-02-2013 06:24 AM

So glad to hear the surgery is over and now the task at hand is the healing. Take your time - Florida will always be here as will The Villages.

ssmith 04-02-2013 07:16 AM

todays surgery is easy peasy...

.....compared to years ago. I had mine out....no metal staples....it was laparoscopic surgery...they used dissolvable stitches. (hmmm do you plan to swim??? ask surgeon how he feels about that) I am a nurse and believe me, today's surgery is much, much better than in the past.

Anesthesia does a number on me (makes me nausious)....if that is true for you, be sure to ask for something for nausea (it can also be added in the anesthesia). Also I can't tolerate codeine for pain ( if that is true for you, ask for a pain med without codeine). You won't be 100% but I was back to work in no time.

Dreamer61 04-02-2013 06:32 PM

After today DH and I have decided it would be in my best interest to postpone our LSV :(
Without going into painful detail lets just say we don't think I'd be able to enjoy myself. So we rescheduled for the end of the month. Unfortunately we won't be there this Sunday CCK to meet you all. I will pm you and PP soon. But for now in recovery.