Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   JanineW - New Member Sends Thanks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/janinew-new-member-sends-thanks-74060/)

JanineW 04-02-2013 11:25 AM

JanineW - New Member Sends Thanks

Dear People of the Villages, I became a member of TOTV last Thursday and am so grateful I found this forum.

A number of years ago, a friend of mine moved to the Villages and we hadn't seen each other for years but last Friday, evening, March 29, we got to see each other. I was in the Villages because on Friday, March 22, my dad collapsed while out walking on a golf cart path (he walked every day) and was aided by people going by. My family didn't know much except he was found on a path and brought to the hospital - he never regained consciousness and died on Saturday. Well, lo and behold, I see a friend I hadn't seen in years and she told me that people on the forum wanted to know what happened to my dad...so I found the discussion 'man collapses on golf cart path'. This wonderful forum answered so many questions for my family. We found out that dad had lots of people there with him and were rooting for him which brought great comfort to me and my family.

The Villages really is a village in the sense that it's one for all and all for one. Thank you. Someday I hope to live there too and be part of this wonderful community.

To the person who made sure we got his watch back, a special thank you to you, that had lots of sentimental value attached to it.

Regards to all,

JanineW

CalcTeacher 04-02-2013 11:33 AM

So sorry to hear of your dad's passing...

Uptown Girl 04-02-2013 12:28 PM

Much peace and heartfelt prayers for your family.

graciegirl 04-02-2013 01:09 PM

Hugs to you. Much love coming your way. I am so sorry.

bkcunningham1 04-02-2013 01:28 PM

You have no idea how much it means that you have taken the time to post about yourself and your father. Peace to you and your loved ones. Your words brought a great warmth to my heart. This is a wonderful place. B.K.

oatmealgirls 04-02-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 652725)
You have no idea how much it means that you have taken the time to post about yourself and your father. Peace to you and your loved ones. Your words brought a great warmth to my heart. This is a wonderful place. B.K.

I so agree with BK.

JanineW, your words keep your dad in our thoughts & prayers. Regards to your family.

tainsley 04-02-2013 02:15 PM

So sorry about your dad Janine. I hope you and your entire family are doing well and know that we all are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting us know about your dad.

HDriders 04-02-2013 02:16 PM

So very sorry for your loss.....peace to you and your family.

Livingthedream 04-02-2013 04:21 PM

Hi Janine. We are so very sorry for your loss. I posted a message to you earlier under the "man collapses" post that I originally started. My husband and I assisted your father before the paramedics arrived. We are very sad to hear the news but relieved to know the family was with him when he passed away. I'm glad you got the watch from the fire department. I hope it didnt cause distress thinking it was stolen. I removed it from his wrist to check his pulse while my husband performed CPR. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If we can share any additional information please don't hesitate to contact me.

bkcunningham1 04-02-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livingthedream (Post 652804)
Hi Janine. We are so very sorry for your loss. I posted a message to you earlier under the "man collapses" post that I originally started. My husband and I assisted your father before the paramedics arrived. We are very sad to hear the news but relieved to know the family was with him when he passed away. I'm glad you got the watch from the fire department. I hope it didnt cause distress thinking it was stolen. I removed it from his wrist to check his pulse while my husband performed CPR. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If we can share any additional information please don't hesitate to contact me.

I wish we had a "like" button for posts. I'd give you one hundred.

cbg150 04-02-2013 04:58 PM

So sorry for your loss Janine. I hope someday you do move to our "Village" You will surely be welcomed. Until then, hang in there!

2BNTV 04-02-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 652725)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livingthedream (Post 652804)

I can't add a thought to these post except to express my condolences to you and your family. :pray: