Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New Irish Pub (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-irish-pub-74217/)

doran 04-04-2013 01:43 PM

New Irish Pub

The old Speckled Butter Bean is now an Irish Pub--O'Shays
Eddie drove past it today--it was open and not a parking place to be had--must be good! Any one tried it yet?

Please let every one know how it is!

Mikiem 04-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doran (Post 653753)
Eddie drove past it today--it was open and not a parking place to be had--must be good! Any one tried it yet?

I will wait until everyone else tries it and then go after the novelty wears off. Thats what i did with NYPD and was glad I did.

Bogie Shooter 04-04-2013 02:01 PM

Wonder how many posts it will be before the bashing starts; poor service, cold food, not like it was up north, etc. My guess less than 25.

BarryRX 04-04-2013 02:04 PM

We went there last night......the service was terrible, the food was cold. We had much better places in Ohio. Only kidding, can't wait to try it now that I hear they're open and I wish them success!

Bonny 04-04-2013 02:23 PM

We had several of us that went to O'Shea's last night. They were packed !!
The food was good, the service was great. The Shepherds Pie was very good.
We had 8 of us at our table. We all ate & drank and no one had any complaints.
We saw a lot of friends there as well & everyone had a great time.
Those of you who have been in the Villages awhile will see a lot of familiar faces working there. :thumbup:
Everyone did a fabulous job taking care of the customers.
They did a great job remodeling, there is a huge bar & they put in a lot of TV's.
Give it a try !!

jtdraig 04-04-2013 02:26 PM

In our years here we have found that it is best to go to a new restaurant after they have been "broken in"..we have learned to pay no attention to "early critics". Restaurants deserve a time to stabilize operations. Remember Whiskey Creek? They never got the kitchen thing right and a LOT of their primo servers quit to go elsewhere and Whiskey Creek died a rapid death and is now Sonny's. With that said, a good stablizing period is the first 30 days. If it is going to be good, it will be so after roughly that period of time. Not my "wisdom" but from someone who owned three restaurants, all total successes.

Bonny 04-04-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtdraig (Post 653782)
In our years here we have found that it is best to go to a new restaurant after they have been "broken in"..we have learned to pay no attention to "early critics". Restaurants deserve a time to stabilize operations. Remember Whiskey Creek? They never got the kitchen thing right and a LOT of their primo servers quit to go elsewhere and Whiskey Creek died a rapid death and is now Sonny's. With that said, a good stablizing period is the first 30 days. If it is going to be good, it will be so after roughly that period of time. Not my "wisdom" but from someone who owned three restaurants, all total successes.

They have a big advantage at O'Shea's. There are a lot of experienced servers & bartenders who have been around quite awhile & definitely know how to get the job done.
:clap2:

Scoops 04-04-2013 02:53 PM

I am looking forward to giving it a try!

Madelaine Amee 04-04-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doran (Post 653753)

Where is it in Wildwood - have to admit I never went to Speckled Bean, so really have no idea where it is.

skip0358 04-04-2013 04:52 PM

Went last night. Food was good, I had the rubin was hot, fries were real, prices were good,plenty of different beers. Hope it continues. I'll be back. hugh crowd.

skip0358 04-04-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 653869)
Where is it in Wildwood - have to admit I never went to Speckled Bean, so really have no idea where it is.

s/s of Rt 44 accross from BuenaVista Blvd.

skyguy79 04-04-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 653869)

The entrance to the pub is on Signature Drive and 7/10ths of a mile west of Buena Vista along Rt 44. It's also directly across the southern end of Powell Rd where the county & DMV office is at the northern end. Here's a Google map showing the location:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...p=1&sz=16&z=16

Skip 04-04-2013 09:14 PM

It's not O'Shay's Irish Pub...
It's O'Shea's Sports Pub.
Been on the Gourmet Club's website, quite a while.
I'll have to check it out.

Can't wait for the big news article in The Daily Sun. :D

Skip

skyguy79 04-04-2013 09:28 PM

O'Shay's Sports Pub Website

If you're on Facebook, they have quite a few pictures there!

ilovetv 04-04-2013 09:42 PM

Do they have a porch-patio bar? We who fled the northern too-short summers like to dine/drink outdoors.....