Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Mad Men starting again on AMC this coming Sunday (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/mad-men-starting-again-amc-coming-sunday-74312/)

senior citizen 04-05-2013 01:53 PM

Mad Men starting again on AMC this coming Sunday

Mad Men is beginning its season on AMC this coming Sunday.....
We just recorded it..........

tucson 04-05-2013 02:49 PM

My cousin is the music editor for Mad Men ! :-)

Schaumburger 04-06-2013 07:13 AM

Looking forward to it. Season 5 ended in 1967. As one of the producers said in the prologue to Season 6, there are no more years left in the 1960's that were not full of controversy. Expecting the antiwar movement to figure into the story line and also the 1968 presidential election. Will love to see the clothes as the hemlines were starting to get pretty short in Season 5. How about some bell bottoms?

Schaumburger 04-06-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tucson;65***9
My cousin is the music editor for Mad Men ! :-)

What a great job to have!

tucson 04-06-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 654680)
What a great job to have!

We're very proud of him, he's a very talented composer!

Patty55 07-07-2013 11:42 PM

Am I the only person totally disappointed that it's over, it feels like it just started and it's done.

Schaumburger 07-08-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty55 (Post 704773)
Am I the only person totally disappointed that it's over, it feels like it just started and it's done.

Me too! One of the characters I have most enjoyed watching develop over the years is Sally Draper (Kieran Shipka) who is 13 in real life.

One question I have about the show is who is raising the child that Peggy gave birth to in Season 2(?). I know the baby was given up for adoption -- is Peggy's sister raising the baby, and is the baby a boy or girl? The child would be about 6 or 7 by this point in Mad Men.

And will the next season of Mad Men be the last as there is only 1969 left in the 1960's?

Patty55 07-08-2013 02:26 AM

A friend and I were just trying to figure out what happened to that kid.

This was one of my favorite shows, now... not so much.

jblum315 07-08-2013 05:43 AM

I keep thinking that kid will reappear. Also the dog that was let loose in the street early on.

Patty55 07-08-2013 09:19 AM

I thought the kid would show up being involved with Pete's other kid, but they'll have to do it fast-LOL.

I forgot all about the dog.

CFrance 07-08-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblum315 (Post 704789)
I keep thinking that kid will reappear. Also the dog that was let loose in the street early on.

You mean that Golden Retriever Don brought home? I missed a lot of it somewhere along the line. Who let it go?

I wonder who is going to end up going to LA.

Patty55 07-08-2013 11:06 AM

I thought it was that Ducky guy who let the dog loose, I could be wrong though. Don't remember Don bringing home a dog.

I'm getting very confused, in the past didn't they have Don being raised by some cranky farmers in the Mid-West?

quirky3 07-08-2013 11:54 AM

I think it was an Irish setter - Ducky let it go in NY when he got divorced. Don grew up in the midwest after his lady-of-the-evening mother died giving birth to him, and he was taken in by his father and father's wife. Then his drunken father died when Don was young, and his father's wife turned "professional" and took Don to live in her place of business.

CFrance 07-08-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quirky3 (Post 704980)
I think it was an Irish setter - Ducky let it go in NY when he got divorced. Don grew up in the midwest after his lady-of-the-evening mother died giving birth to him, and he was taken in by his father and father's wife. Then his drunken father died when Don was young, and his father's wife turned "professional" and took Don to live in her place of business.

And then he took a dead soldier's ID. No wonder he's so dysfunctional.

Trish Crocker 07-09-2013 11:35 PM

I had never watched Mad Men until last week. I have been here in Michigan for the past three weeks awaiting the birth of my grandson (he arrived last night and is beautiful) I started watching the first show of season one and got hooked...my daughter and I watched 4 seasons! If I can't get season 5 on my direct tv then I will get Netflix..I love the show!!! By the way, I really don't think Peggys baby will turn up again. I thought maybe her sister was raising the baby but they showed an episode in which her sister was pregnant.