Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages Crime Scene (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-crime-scene-74524/)

collection6 04-07-2013 07:00 PM

Villages Crime Scene

Does anyone know what happened in the park across from Sonnys in Sumter Landing this morning. Sheriffs dept had a spot taped off with crime scene tape next to the little pond. Crime scene techs were there with rubber gloves on, taking pictures this morning around 11.

skyc6 04-07-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collection6 (Post 655728)
Does anyone know what happened in the park across from Sonnys in Sumter Landing this morning. Sheriffs dept had a spot taped off with crime scene tape next to the little pond. Crime scene techs were there with rubber gloves on, taking pictures this morning around 11.

Saw 4 police cars parked in the grass there this morning as we went into Toojays. Didn't know the reason, though.

dog friendly 04-07-2013 07:43 PM

My husband saw several police searching the field in that area, that was around 10:30 this morning. We always walk our dog around that walkway. It will be in the news for sure, this is the villages.

TOMCAT 04-07-2013 07:47 PM

Hoping it isn't something very serious. The Villages seems like a safe and peaceful town when I was there, but anything can happen anywhere one time or another!

DEWRDW 04-08-2013 06:22 AM

Did anyone see anything in the paper this morning? I didn't!

gocubsgo 04-08-2013 06:28 AM

It won't be in the paper...whatever it was is negative and won't sell houses. Look for it in the Leesburg paper maybe.

graciegirl 04-08-2013 06:43 AM

Is that park the childrens playground?

Now I am all paranoid. There ARE several sex offenders living here.

senior citizen 04-08-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo (Post 655872)
It won't be in the paper...whatever it was is negative and won't sell houses. Look for it in the Leesburg paper maybe.

I just checked the breaking news in Orlando Sentinel, Ocala newspaper, Leesburg paper, and local television channels.......NOTHING.

Could it have been a "practice" ???? In our town, they sometimes role play a disaster to keep the response teams sharp.

It doesn't sound like a practice......but I can't find anything in the news.
I hope it wasn't a crime.

When the Leesburg paper first came up, there was a teenager who had drowned in a pond......but the paper didn't seem to be FLORIDA even though I had typed in Leesburg, Florida newspaper breaking news, etc.

TOMCAT 04-08-2013 06:56 AM

Could it be an alligator sighting??

senior citizen 04-08-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOMCAT (Post 655889)
Could it be an alligator sighting??

Could very well be an alligator sighting.........that had entered my mind as well.

There is nothing in the bigger newspapers.....or on television.

If it was a murder, or a body was found....it would be on local television......

Golfingnut 04-08-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubsgo (Post 655872)

Watch for it in the Daily Sun, as they report what is verified by police. Not rumor gossip, but verified news, good and bad.

senior citizen 04-08-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingnut (Post 655897)
Watch for it in the Daily Sun, as they report what is verified by police. Not rumor gossip, but verified news, good and bad.

Can you wager a guestimate as to how long it might take to get onto television news? Up here, even in a tiny town, if a murder had occurred or even just an accident, the Albany New York t.v. news team would send out a truck with reporters, camera crew etc. immediately......they cover Vermont.

Apparently this happened two days ago????? Someone said it was NOT in The Villages Daily Sun (which we enjoyed tremendously while there).

Golfingnut 04-08-2013 07:40 AM

We don't know at this time even if a crime was committed. This is similar to folks slowing down on the highway to a crawl and gawking at an accident. What are those folks looking for, perhaps an arm or even a severed head lying in the ditch. I guess it falls into the fact that it takes all kinds to make a world revolve.

I like a good comedy movie, where some prefer the blood and guts of violence on the big screen. OH WELL>

graciegirl 04-08-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senior citizen (Post 655900)
Can you wager a guestimate as to how long it might take to get onto television news? Up here, even in a tiny town, if a murder had occurred or even just an accident, the Albany New York t.v. news team would send out a truck with reporters, camera crew etc. immediately......they cover Vermont.

Apparently this happened two days ago????? Someone said it was NOT in The Villages Daily Sun (which we enjoyed tremendously while there).

It apparently happened late last night or very early this morning.

Do Alligators get all romantic in APRIL? I thought it was May.

I hope it was just an alligator.

If I call the Daily Sun one more time they will hang up on me. I don't think they like to be...what is the word when someone else does a story before you do??

Taltarzac725 04-08-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 655951)
It apparently happened late last night or very early this morning.

Do Alligators get all romantic in APRIL? I thought it was May.

I hope it was just an alligator.

If I call the Daily Sun one more time they will hang up on me. I don't think they like to be...what is the word when someone else does a story before you do??

Scooped! Probably a dog peeing on Harold's statute or pooping on it. They had to track it down and get the DNA. :wave: