Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Doctors & Physicians (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/doctors-physicians-290/)
-   -   Dr Balingit's office staff are terrible (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/doctors-physicians-290/dr-balingits-office-staff-terrible-75124/)

kgentile1010 04-15-2013 08:53 AM

Dr Balingit's office staff are terrible

I went to Dr Balingit's office for some lab work and a sleep study. I called three times to get the results of my lab work. The first two times, no one called me back. The third time, I talked to the nurse and complained. She was incredibly rude because I complained about the service. I personally don't want to go to a Dr office where it takes more than a month to get my lab results and my phone calls are ignored. He seemed like a good enough Dr, however the staff either neglects you or fights with you. Not my kind of place.

Bogie Shooter 04-15-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgentile1010 (Post 659835)
I went to Dr Balingit's office for some lab work and a sleep study. I called three times to get the results of my lab work. The first two times, no one called me back. The third time, I talked to the nurse and complained. She was incredibly rude because I complained about the service. I personally don't want to go to a Dr office where it takes more than a month to get my lab results and my phone calls are ignored. He seemed like a good enough Dr, however the staff either neglects you or fights with you. Not my kind of place.

Maybe you should talk to the Doctor???

Didiwinbob 04-15-2013 08:00 PM

Are you sure their nurses or medical assistants?

mac9 04-15-2013 08:20 PM

After a bout of pneumonia and an 8 day hospital stay, I had a sleep study and a breathing test at Dr. Balingit's. Before I had the tests, I was given a call back appointment to discuss the results with the doctor. I have been seeing him for almost 3 years and have never experienced anything like this. I would certainly speak to the doctor.

De Lis 04-16-2013 08:04 AM

The main receptionist at Dr. Richard Benjamin's office is awful. Just plain snotty. Never got to see the doc to complain. Simply left and received excellent treatment somewhere else. Turned out for the better.

Uptown Girl 04-16-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgentile1010 (Post 659835)

Were you given a call back appointment to speak to the doctor as another poster (mac9) was?
If not, (an unfortunate oversight) will you call to schedule a call back appointment so that you may indeed speak with the doctor about your results?

I understand that you are upset and feel rudely neglected, but bottom line is you should have the diagnostic information of your sleep study and lab work.

swrinfla 04-21-2013 03:51 PM

My experience goes back many years and may well be unfair to the doctor's office and its reputation, but I had a similar problem with the staff's interest in my problem.

I did not receive any sort of acknowledgement of a particular telephone call. After another call in which I was, admittedly, shall we say, a little hostile, I eventually received a cold and unfeeling follow up letter saying that I had been discharged as a patient.

You may bet that I discharged the doctor immediately. It took me a couple of nasty letters to finally have my records transferred to my new physician!

There are many doctors of all sorts in The Villages. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of them are well attuned to their patients. However, I'm also afraid that some of their staffs are not so attuned!

SWR
:beer3:

graciegirl 04-21-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrinfla (Post 663814)
My experience goes back many years and may well be unfair to the doctor's office and its reputation, but I had a similar problem with the staff's interest in my problem.

I did not receive any sort of acknowledgement of a particular telephone call. After another call in which I was, admittedly, shall we say, a little hostile, I eventually received a cold and unfeeling follow up letter saying that I had been discharged as a patient.

You may bet that I discharged the doctor immediately. It took me a couple of nasty letters to finally have my records transferred to my new physician!

There are many doctors of all sorts in The Villages. I'm pretty sure that most, if not all, of them are well attuned to their patients. However, I'm also afraid that some of their staffs are not so attuned!

SWR

Knowing you and reading your post is all I need to know that this office needs improvement, pronto.

And to folks who haven't met Steve,Swrinfla, He is a gentlemen, all more than six feet of him and he is a patient person too.

swrinfla 04-22-2013 03:31 PM

My dear Gracie:

I blush! You flatter me!

But, it's true that the treatment I received soured me on the Good Doctor. :grumpy:

Makes it hard that he is tomorrow's speaker at The Villages Airheads COPD Support Group - of which I am VP!

But, as in so many other things, we go on with our lives, complaining as little as possible and making sure that we celebrate the positives!

Love you! :BigApplause:

SWR