Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Jeanne Cooper from Young and The Restless (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/jeanne-cooper-young-restless-77002/)

USSGompers 05-05-2013 02:24 PM

Jeanne Cooper from Young and The Restless

If any of you have watched The Young and The Restless, Jeanne Cooper (aka Catherine Chancellor) has been in the hospital in real life. Very ill and as her son has twitted, does not have much time left.

I watched this show with my Mom as a kid and thru the years have kept in touch with it. When I was in the Navy, my Mom used to write me LONG letters called "Updates" when I was on my ship for 5 yrs. Some yrs passed when I did not watch but I certainly knew who Mrs. C. was.

She is 84 yrs old and very ill. Seems that her children have now realized that she may pass on soon.

A wonderful and talented woman-

I am very sad!!

:cryin2:

wendyquat 05-05-2013 04:04 PM

Me too! My heart has been warmed by her son's posts!

Cgirmo 05-05-2013 04:30 PM

Since the show is taped weeks in advance of actual airdate, Mrs. C was still on. Friday's episode with her climbing the stairs... it was a tearjerker because of what we now know, was probably her last scene on Y&R. Corbin has done an outstanding job keeping his mother's fans informed. God bless Miss Jeanne.

gocubsgo 05-05-2013 06:02 PM

I thought she was getting better?! According to her Facebook page, she was heading home a week ago. What happened? Did she take a turn?

USSGompers 05-05-2013 07:09 PM

She was home only for a few days, then she had to go back to the hospital. If you read between the lines on her son's Twitter page, it seems that they have taken her off life support.

Watching her climb the stairs in Friday's episode, saying "Good night" had me bawling!!

JC and John 05-05-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USSGompers (Post 671870)
She was home only for a few days, then she had to go back to the hospital. If you read between the lines on her son's Twitter page, it seems that they have taken her off life support.

Watching her climb the stairs in Friday's episode, saying "Good night" had me bawling!!

WOW! I had no idea she was ill. Just the other day I was looking at her book at BN in LSL. I remember all the years my Dad and I would watch Y&R. When the music plays at the beginning it brings back such wonderful memories. I pray Jeanne pulls through.

patfla06 05-05-2013 10:07 PM

So sad - she was Y & R. God bless Jeanne.

mfp509 05-06-2013 05:46 AM

I've been following Corbin's Facebook page and 4 hours ago he posted that someone on Twitter has posted that she had passed away and that it is not true. He said he will keep all of her fans up to date.

It is sad - what a wonderful actress. I'm not a regular viewer but I have seen her on the show and really enjoy her scenes.

gocubsgo 05-06-2013 06:40 AM

Yes, her walking up the stairs was so sad. I wonder if that's the last we'll see of her. She didn't look good in Fridays episode. They won't replace her. Mrs C will have to pass away on Y and R. Oh, how heartbreaking.

chachacha 05-07-2013 02:05 PM

i did not know any of this and i noticed how frail she looked climbing the stairs on that episode...have seen her on QVC and she was quite a flamboyant lady then! nothing like the sensible mrs C! imagine almost a lifetime playing one character! she will be irreplaceable! get the hankies ready!

mfp509 05-08-2013 02:45 PM

According to her son's Facebook page, Jeanne Cooper passed away this morning May 8, 2013.

Loss of a fabulous actress. She will be missed.

gocubsgo 05-08-2013 03:08 PM

I grew up with Mrs C...what an awesome woman!! I wonder how Y&R will deal with this? They replaced her a couple of years ago with Michael Learner from The Waltons. Do they bring her back or was last Friday's episode where she walked up the stairs into the dark the end of the character?

USSGompers 05-08-2013 03:39 PM

OMG- I am crying! It is so sad. I just lost my 85 yr old Mom 2 yrs ago from cancer on April 27th. This hits home so much only cause Momma loved that show.

Jeanne Cooper reminded me of Mom- stubborn!!

RIP, Mrs. Cooper.

:cryin2:

mfp509 05-08-2013 03:44 PM

Her son's name is Corbin Bernsen for anyone wanting to look up his Facebook page.

kellyjam 05-08-2013 05:27 PM

I never knew Corbin (Arnie from L.A. Law) was her son. A sad loss. I enjoyed her performances on the Y&R. RIP