Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Transportation to Tampa Airport Needed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/transportation-tampa-airport-needed-77884/)

OurHappyHome 05-16-2013 10:51 PM

Transportation to Tampa Airport Needed

Does anyone know of a service or private person who takes and picks up people from the Tampa Airport?

BettyCrocked 05-17-2013 07:59 AM

I hope there is because there is a definite need for this. We always fly into Tampa as it's much cheaper and the flight times are more convenient.

OurHappyHome 05-17-2013 08:58 AM

Thanks Betty
I spent an hour reading all the past posted on transport, Tampa Airport etc. all to a dead end so I thought I would bring this up again.

Even a private person who wants to make some extra money would be good

l2ridehd 05-17-2013 04:23 PM

I have used this lemo service a few times for Tampa. His name is Ron, good driver, decent large Buick car, and shows up on time. 352-553-3649. Also used him to take us to Burn's steak house in Tampa and hang out while we had dinner and bring us home. (large wine cellar there that I wanted to sample:D)

Wiserbud47 05-18-2013 02:42 PM

Tansportation to Tampa airport

In the Daily Sun Classified section - Service Directory there is a category: Airport Transportation. There are a number of ads for transportation to Tampa airport.

Geewiz 05-18-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 677712)
I have used this lemo service a few times for Tampa. His name is Ron, good driver, decent large Buick car, and shows up on time. 352-553-3649. Also used him to take us to Burn's steak house in Tampa and hang out while we had dinner and bring us home. (large wine cellar there that I wanted to sample:D)

Bern's - to die for. Sorry for the hijack.

OnTrack 05-18-2013 03:01 PM

I just dug out a card I had saved.

You might want to give J&E Car Service (Private Transportation Any Place-Any Time) a call at (352) 260-7490.

I used him to go to Orlando (he uses a minivan) and although I don't remember exactly what it cost, I do recall it being very reasonable.

He and his wife are Villagers......and nice folks too.

Jim 9922 05-21-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoctorA (Post 677567)
Thanks Betty
I spent an hour reading all the past posted on transport, Tampa Airport etc. all to a dead end so I thought I would bring this up again.

Even a private person who wants to make some extra money would be good

Not so good if they are in an accident and you are injured. Unless they were insured as a public taxi or transportation service their insurance claim would probably be disallowed.
I also question the wisdom of getting involved with anyone running a rogue taxi service without the proper insurance.