Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Flooring & Tile (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/flooring-tile-281/)
-   -   Alexander Tile, Marble and Carpet (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/flooring-tile-281/alexander-tile-marble-carpet-79360/)

Ad poster 06-05-2013 08:51 PM

Alexander Tile, Marble and Carpet

Alexander Tile & Marble
Flooring Installation
352 - 753 - 4888

We offer sales and installation of Tile, Marble, Glass, Laminate, Wood, and Carpet

Most professional service and installation in The Villages, guaranteed.

We also offer grout staining and sealing
Let us restore your grout back to its original color
and keep it looking that way for years to come!

- Tile
- Marble
- Glass
- Backsplashes
- Counter Tops
- Bathrooms
- Lanai's/Patios
- Custom Inlays
- Pools/Hot Tubs
- Butt Joint grout lines
- Grout Staining, Cleaning, and Repair

Check out our recommendations and referrals on TOTV!

About Alexander Tile & Marble:

We are a family owned and operated business. James (Owner and Master Mechanic) and his wife Kristyn (Mechanic) live just outside The Villages in The Village of Parkwood with our one-year-old daughter. We have had ties with The Villages for almost 10 years and both of our parents as well as other family members have been Village residents for quite some time.
We take a lot of pride in the work that we do
and treat every home and job as if it were our own.

Experience:

James has over 20 years experience laying tile and specializes in
- Tight grout joint installation
- Custom Tile Installation
- Bathroom Remodels
- Marble Installation

He has installed tile for Italian Tile & Marble (S. Florida)
Disney Cruise Lines
Floor Shoppe (The Villages)
Floormasters (The Villages)

If you choose Alexander Tile & Marble to tile, laminate, carpet, or any other surfaces in your home you will not be disappointed. James (Owner) is present for almost every job and unlike other local companies, we will be sure you know exactly who will be showing up to do the work in your home.
We offer great pricing on tile and other materials.
Larger companies will charge you for every little detail and will hike up materialprices in order to make more money off of jobs.
Alexander Tile & Marble will only profit from labor and will not over charge you on any of the materials.
We want you to enjoy everything about the work we do in your home and are here to answer any questions, help you make design decisions, and guide you throughevery step of the purchasing process.

Give us a call today for a free estimate.
352 - 753 -4888

We look forward to hearing from you!

villagescarol 06-07-2013 03:10 PM

I used Alexander Tile and Marble for my new home. he installed and designed a magnificent backsplash. I also had him do my tile floors. I chose a porcelain tile and James but jointed the tile and looks like a marble job. I get so many compliments on my tile and backsplash. His price and work ethic were tops. After I enclose my lanai, he will be tiling that also.

villagescarol 07-03-2013 05:10 PM

James installed my floor and he butt jointed it to look like marble. Amazing job

Bonnevie 02-19-2014 07:04 PM

Alexander tile doing lanai

just contracted with Alexander TILE AND MARBLE to do my small lanai. Using him based on reviews here. I have to comment on how hard working and reliable he is. He gave me a window of time to give the estimate. He and his wife came within the time frame but called me to give me updates on their arrival time. When they came, James looked exhausted. He already had worked 10 hours and still had more places to go. What impressed me is that my job isn't going to be a big one....but he gave it as much attention as if it was. He's very knowledgeable and I was so impressed, we discussed redoing the shower--he had some great ideas and was very reasonable in pricing. he can do very narrow grout lines or even no grout lines. He gave me recommendations of where to shop for tile and a date for the start of work much sooner than I expected. I would recommend him....and I'll keep you updated with photos.

his number is: 352-753-4888

gomoho 02-19-2014 07:16 PM

Thank you for that review - what does he charge per sq.ft. to lay tile?

nashgirl 02-19-2014 09:35 PM

What does he charge per sq. ft to lay the tile?

Bonnevie 02-20-2014 11:03 AM

it can vary by size of the job and how you want the tile laid. he's very willing to give free estimates. I looked at tile at Floor Shoppe and they put cost of installation on the tile and it was in line with their installed price.

leftyf 02-21-2014 08:58 AM

Alexander Tile installed tile in our living room and 2 bedrooms. They started when they said they would and finished when they said they would. The also did an excellent job of installing the tile and cleaning up after themselves. What more could you ask for? We would highly recommend them.

tommy steam 02-21-2014 09:51 AM

Generally the labor to lay the floor tile is by the sq foot and does not change. Add the price of the tile on top of that and that's it. That would be on a normal job.

AlexanderTile&Marble 02-21-2014 02:20 PM

Hey everyone thank you for the kind words! Our prices generally start at $2 per sq ft for installation and vary based on the type of installation (straight or diagonal). If anyone is interested in a free estimate please call James at 352 753 4888

tghoul 02-21-2014 03:40 PM

We just had a very small job done by James, just a backsplash in our laundry room.
The job only took about an hour and my husband got to talking with the installer about fishing. I believe what the installer casually mentioned about James was very telling about his life in general. The installer told us that he drives from Gainesville to work for James because James is very fair in the way he treats his workers and customers. And yes, the job is very nice and I am pleased!
Mrs. tghoul

Bonnevie 02-27-2014 05:36 PM

Alexander Tile lanai update with photo

1 Attachment(s)
James finished my lanai today and it is beautiful. Tile is on diagonal with minimal grout lines . I highly recommend him. He is reliable, honest, and a really hard worker.

352-753-4888

gomoho 02-27-2014 05:40 PM

Very nice - having owned a home in New Mexico I can't get enough tile - actually I don't have any in this house. We had the patio that stretched the entire back of our house tiled and it was so awesome. Beautiful extension of your outdoor living space.

tommy steam 02-27-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnevie (Post 836576)
James finished my lanai today and it is beautiful. Tile is on diagonal with minimal grout lines . I highly recommend him. He is reliable, honest, and a really hard worker.

352-753-4888

Did he supply the tile?

AlexanderTile&Marble 03-03-2014 09:21 AM

Tommy I do not supply tile however I can get you great prices on tile from several local distributors. If you are interested in getting some work done please give me a call.
James
Alexander Tile & Marble
352 753 4888